Racism!

Texas_Veteran

Ok, I was reading through another post and came up on a members comment that got me to thinking. Why is it that racism is still out there? This is 2007 and we all should be able to get along and respect one another. Here is the comment that got me to thinking about this:

i think that if you go over 22 you need to check your skin color.

Is there a point to this type of thinking? The real crazy thing about this comment is that this is the Martin Luther King national holiday! I dont know too much about the man, but I know enough and respect what he did with his life. He dedicated the later part of his life to rid the world of this kind of thinking. I know that I personally think that racism is Bullsh*t! I don't want it around me or to hear it. If that is the way you were raised to think, then so be it! Keep it to yourself! Sorry for the long rant everyone!

What is your opinion on this subject?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question :thumbs:

My observation is that the 'smaller' the world gets via communication (TV, internet) the more polarized we are becomming. I don't think that it's a bad thing if coming from a place of acceptance rather than hatred.

Mr. P.

I think its some real Bull :icon_bs: when people judge other people by the color of there skin...And it really pisses me off because ive seen it myself till this day, it may not be around so much, but it still is, and i think it is just wrong, and that comment that person made is wrong, he may have been playing around but if you ask me, you should never play around with anything like that, especially since its caused so much harm to our country in the past.....Just my 0.02

I am a pretty light skinned guy, but when i get too much sun I start getting really dark. Intresting you brought this up, in one of my university classes some of the guys in there were bitchin about how we get Martin Luther King off and not columbus day. My question is...Columbus just happened to have run into some land (and actually was very upset that he ran into the americas because it did not help his trade route) while Martin Luther King jr actually dedicated his life to acceptance, not just for blacks but in a whole mindsight. I dont consider myself a racist and I just dont get why its still around. I really just dont see it....

Oh and I recommend everyone to read "A letter from Birmingham jail" its AMAZING

Myself I am the child of a WW ll veteran. My Father Afro American and my mother German. So I have a light completion and people cannot tell what I am by appearance. I am 45 years old, so I have grown up through the 60's and 70's and so on. I can tell you personally that because of my completion that I have heard remarks from Black's, whites etc. over the years, without there knowledge of my background. I can tell you deep down inside it hurts. The thought of people judging other people because of a skin color is just :puke:

The way I look at it is, the people with the problem of judging someone because of there color, are the one's that truly have the problem. I can only lead by example by not engaging in there level of conversation & intelligence, or lack of.

i dont agree with racism one bit, but no matter what you think there is always someone that is going to judge you by your skin color. there are so many examples of how we get judged everyday i wouldnt even know where to start.

I see comments like the one metioned above pretty often on this bored and most of the tims its not that blatent but it is there and most of the time it goes unnoticed. Glad you brought it to attention of the board , hopefully it will help bring an end to these kind of comments.

IMO, racists are just immature, uneducated, narrow minded people who are really just insecure about themselves. They are just like the bullies in schools who pick on the kids with glasses, or because they're over weight.

what a load of :icon_bs:

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

i dont agree with racism one bit, but no matter what you think there is always someone that is going to judge you by your skin color. there are so many examples of how we get judged everyday i wouldnt even know where to start.

I see comments like the one metioned above pretty often on this bored and most of the tims its not that blatent but it is there and most of the time it goes unnoticed. Glad you brought it to attention of the board , hopefully it will help bring an end to these kind of comments.

:withstupid: exactly, everybody judges others to a certain degree, but there is definately no room for that kind of stuff on here.

The way I look at it is that this is an automotive forum. The only comments that I want to hear about color is the color of your truck. If it has to do with skin tone, keep that Sh*t to yourself. There are lots of little comments that are made on this forum and on others that I am on that do go unnoticed. For some reason that one just hit the wrong spot with me.

Honestly, it really doesn't bother me all that much. I hear and see things all the time concerning this. This guy is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else and if he feels like expressing it, why not? Everyone else is expressing theirs. :dunno: I am in no way saying that it's right or wrong, really who is to judge anyways?

I'm just of the opinion that since we live in such a free society, your going to hear things like that. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is free to express it anyway they see fit, but not everyone has to like it.

I just saw these posts and I'm sure people won't make a big deal about it, but really, what's the difference?

That truck definitly looks like a taco wagon

I emailed that guy and told him to take his sorry @ss and his POS truck back to Mexico where it belongs

Like I said, everyone has an opinion!

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)