Damn Snow & Ice

SSleepingbeauty

We have had all of this snow and ice up here in the NW. So the other day I get a couple of blocks from my house. I get to a stop sign and come to a stop. Then..... all of the sudden my truck starts to slide into the intersection (I was on a small incline facing downhill) Nothing I can do, so I just start laying on my horn. A car coming from my left just gets by me. Then the car on the other side coming from the right is right in front of me, and my truck hits it right in the left rear quarter panel :banghead: He goes spinning down the street like a hockey puck :D Not much damage at all to his car (just a little dent above the left rear tire) But I ruined my front bumper (Scratched and pushed back on the drivers side) :banghead:

Now here is the funny part. The car that I ran into is my daughters boyfriend and he was on his way over to our house. :crackup:

That was the first incident I have been in that I was pissed and laughing at the same time :dunno:

bummer deal man... you gotta be careful out there on the snowy/icey roads, they get the best of everyone, even good drivers. I take alot of precautions in order to keep myself, my truck and other's safe. #1 rule is to drive appropriately for the conditions. Glad to hear you and your daughter's bf are ok though. :thumbs:

So you nailed him first...    :crackup:  :crackup: j/k
:crackup: Now THAT'S funny right thurrrr.

AWD FOREVER :chevy: Love it, love it, love it. Made it to work, no problems, blasting past everyone at 35-mph, total control. :thumbs:

Then I took my first step out of the truck and busted my ass on the frozen ground :smash::lol:

Mr. P. :)

So you nailed him first...    :crackup:  :crackup: j/k
:crackup: Now THAT'S funny right thurrrr.

AWD FOREVER :chevy: Love it, love it, love it. Made it to work, no problems, blasting past everyone at 35-mph, total control. :thumbs:

Then I took my first step out of the truck and busted my ass on the frozen ground :smash::lol:

Mr. P. :)

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

sucks to hear man, but I may be able to help you out. When I rear ended the minivan it pushed my bumper back to the wheel. The thing was the bumper was perfectly fine, it was the brackets underneath that got screwed up. I have two of the outside brackets left since I only needed the right side ones. They are the brackets that connect to the steel bumper itself on the left front part and towards the outside part. There is also a bracket underneath that looks like a J, 2 bolts connect it to the frame and 1 bolt connects it to the outside bumper bracket. Its prob bent as well but have to go to dealer for that one.

If you need these brackets let me know and I will set ya up, you cant get one of the brackets unless you order a whole new front assembly. pretty damn stupid but I got around it and got lucky. Just let me know if I can help cause I sure dont need the driver side ones anymore and I was going to just ebay them.

sucks to hear man, but I may be able to help you out.  When I rear ended the minivan it pushed my bumper back to the wheel.  The thing was the bumper was perfectly fine, it was the brackets underneath that got screwed up.  I have two of the outside brackets left since I only needed the right side ones.  They are the brackets that connect to the steel bumper itself on the left front part and towards the outside part.  There is also a bracket underneath that looks like a J, 2 bolts connect it to the frame and 1 bolt connects it to the outside bumper bracket.  Its prob bent as well but have to go to dealer for that one.

If you need these brackets let me know and I will set ya up, you cant get one of the brackets unless you order a whole new front assembly. pretty damn stupid but I got around it and got lucky.  Just let me know if I can help cause I sure dont need the driver side ones anymore and I was going to just ebay them.

I will definately be needing the driver side brackets. So I will be getting in touch with you. I am not going through my insurance. Just not worth the headache. Plus I think my collision is $500.00 deductable. I think I can fix it myself for under a grand with paint. And now tonight we are suppose to get snow again :banghead:

Thanks for the commnets guys. We are both OK. We actually had a good laugh about it back at the house. I still see my Daughters boyfriends eyes about the size of a pair of silver dollars, as I hit him and he went sliding down the block sideways :crackup: He kept telling me how he couln't believe how powerful my truck was. Because when I hit him, he said he felt like he barely got pushed, but yet he slid a good 60' :devil: