What Are The Best Mods?

HHeaTT

Hi there i just purchased a 2007 chevy SS...i jsut got it a week ago i love it its a big change from a s10 lol...now im wondering what are a few mods ic an do to it...i dont care about cost...im thinking catback exhaust,cold air intake, t.cover,shift kit, tinted windows...but for example im not sure if i should go with magnaflow exhaust or a corsa...or K&N intake or AIM...so i hope someone can help me out to guide me in the best mods i can do to my new truck...it iwll be well appreciated thanks!

ah great thanks...but i forgot since i know nothing about mdos where do i go for a tune? and if anyone coments on some mods let me know where i can get this stuff and where to install them lmao sorry im a real newb thats why i need help obviously!

where are you located? I just had frank(revolution raceworks) re-tune my truck after a mail-order nobody butchered it up. You can also have pcm4less tune it who has a link on this site, use the searsh button and type in pcm tune and I'm sure you will find lots of hits.

Most of the mods you mentioned are a good start I have a VOlant C.A.I and I love it and it was my first choice by looks. A tune is a good investment I went with PCM4Less and I have been repeatably told the best investment you can do is a Torque Converter and a shift kit which I should be ordering both today. Yank TC and a Zippy Shift Kit. :thumbs::thumbs: Exhaust I dunno I have flows and dumped them and am completely happy but everyone on here will have diff. opinions. Most agree TC, Shift KIt, Tune best investments.

oh okay so yank TC and zippy shift kit, volant c.a.i....okay now i live in Toronto,canada and im nto sure where to actually go for this stuff...

Yank TC

http://www.converter.cc/

I got Volant CAI

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx?p...1&categoryid=28

Call Zippy about shift kit mine was 195 shipped

http://zippyperformance.com.futuresite.register.com/

oh oaky thats great and i jsut went on the pcmforless website...and they talk about shipping a chip in etc.. how does it work i really do know nothing about programming how would i get them to program my truck?

they will send you out a pcm (computer) for your truck and you have the option of keeping yours and eating the core charge or sending your back so they can do the same in turn and give that one to someone else.

oh oaky thats great and i jsut went on the pcmforless website...and they talk about shipping a chip in etc.. how does it work i really do know nothing about programming how would i get them to program my truck?

basically you fill out a form there is one you can look at on their home page at the bottom of the laft hand column. You just answer questions they ask and if you have any questions call Bryan and he will hep you throuhg it and they tune it by how you answer those questions. :thumbs:

i found that page you were talking about now id say 3/4 of all that information i have no clue about lol...can anyone provide me the ebst answers because theres some Q on there that are like do you want to change this should i say yes or no lol...but the stats of the truck i can jsut get off the gm webpage...hopefully someone can help me out sorry everyone for being a real newb!

THE ONLY MODS FOR ME SO FAR ARE THE VOLANT C.A.I.. AND IT DOESNT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BUT ITS GOOD ENOUGH.... AND THAT TORQUE CONVERTER IS NOT WORTH IT... IT MAKES YOUR RPM GO HIGHER ON THE FREEWAY.. AND YOU WASTE MORE GAS... THE NEXT THING IM AIMING AT IS A SHIFT KIT...

THE ONLY MODS FOR ME SO FAR ARE THE VOLANT C.A.I.. AND IT DOESNT MAKE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE BUT ITS GOOD ENOUGH.... AND THAT TORQUE CONVERTER IS NOT WORTH IT... IT MAKES YOUR RPM GO HIGHER ON THE FREEWAY.. AND YOU WASTE MORE GAS... THE NEXT THING IM AIMING AT IS A SHIFT KIT...

not sure where you got your information from but not the case. should make no difference on freeway rpms. will use more gas casue you wont be abvle to keep your foot out of it.