Do you want to be buried or burned?

misterp

Do you want your body to be buried or cremated when you die?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want your body to be buried or cremated when you die?

• Buried
    • Cremated
    • Leave it for surviving family to decide
    • Haven't decided

So I was reading about James Brown and how nobody has any idea yet where he should be buried and that got me to thinking about the topic. Also, my first wife passed away a few years ago and was buried against her wishes in the family cemetery alongside the grandfather who sexually molested her as a child (she told me and her kids several times that she wanted her ashes spread over Lake Tahoe). So I'm curious how important this topic really is...

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...i do think though that it was wrong of your first wife's family to go against her wishes. ...
Yeah it was a bad deal, her brother always was a selfish prick. She and I had been split for about 9 years by that point so I didn't really have any leverage in the matter. Talk about kharma, he suffered a very miserable death at the hands of HIV...

Havent decided as of yet. My grandfather was cremated and my father wants to go the same way. I guess Id probably want to be cremated because in 2 to 3 generation after I die, my burial site would probably be forgotten.

Interesting timing. :dunno: Mr. P you trying to tell me something? Considering I had a heart attack saturday morning, this subject crossed my mind recently. I say bury me or throw me out with the trash. Just don"t burn me.

So I was reading about James Brown and how nobody has any idea yet where he should be buried and that got me to thinking about the topic.  Also, my first wife passed away a few years ago and was buried against her wishes in the family cemetery alongside the grandfather who sexually molested her as a child (she told me and her kids several times that she wanted her ashes spread over Lake Tahoe).  So I'm curious how important this topic really is...

Mr. P. :)

...i do think though that it was wrong of your first wife's family to go against her wishes. ...
Yeah it was a bad deal, her brother always was a selfish prick. She and I had been split for about 9 years by that point so I didn't really have any leverage in the matter. Talk about kharma, he suffered a very miserable death at the hands of HIV...

Damn Steve,

Man, you got alot of miles of bad road in life experiences :banghead:

You certainly handle it well :thumbs:

Don't think the cremation will work for me...probably burn for days from all the alcohol I've consumed over the years :D:cheers: