Do you want to be buried or burned?

misterp

Do you want your body to be buried or cremated when you die?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want your body to be buried or cremated when you die?

• Buried
    • Cremated
    • Leave it for surviving family to decide
    • Haven't decided

I was thinking about this the other day actually. My grandfather was cremated many years ago, and now that I am older I wanted to go visit him and a little box in a shelf really didnt give me any closure. I was thinking that if my family would like to visit me they can go SOMEWHERE kinda like when people go to church to speak with god. However I have always thought about being burned and then my ashes spread in the ocean or on a bratty child :dunno: but from what I have heard the big bad law is that someone has to see you go into the incenartor and out of it to make sure your not someone else, in case you come out of ashes...some places make you watch the process of it actually happening. And I think that would be to much for anyone who cares for me.... :ughdance:

this is the law here in the state of florida dunno if (and this happened over 10 years ago dunno if its changed). Although I would like to be burned I think I will spare my family and friends the BBQ. BUT if I truly had to choose I would pick to be put in a glacier and then in a few years people will think I am a lost member of Atlantis, maybe dress me up in some wierd armor

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not decided but always thought i"d be buried even though cremation is the cheaper way to go,on a sadder note i heard its illegal to spread asses in the ocean or a lake,i think they call it polluting but what no one knows wont hurt them right. :thumbs:

As with most choices in life this is a very difficult one. For a cool million you can be launched into space(as ashes) or for about 10g's you can be pressed into a diamond and live on forever(diamonds are forever) hahaha. Two years ago we burried my grandfather, it give closure yes, he wanted it to be that way, and has a plot for my grandmother by his side. I myself think, that when the time comes, the people who are closest to me can decide, though I think the creamation is best for everyone with the cost being way less.

I was thinking about this the other day actually. My grandfather was cremated many years ago, and now that I am older I wanted to go visit him and  a little box in a shelf really didnt give me any closure. I was thinking that if my family would like to visit me they can go SOMEWHERE kinda like when people go to church to speak with god. However I have always thought about being burned and then my ashes spread in the ocean or on a bratty child  :dunno: but from what I have heard the big bad law is that someone has to see you go into the incenartor and out of it to make sure your not someone else, in case you come out of ashes...some places make you watch the process of it actually happening. And I think that would be to much for anyone who cares for me.... :ughdance:

this is the law here in the state of florida dunno if (and this happened over 10 years ago dunno if its changed). Although I would like to be burned I think I will spare my family and friends the BBQ. BUT if I truly had to choose I would pick to be put in a glacier and then in a few years people will think I am a lost member of Atlantis, maybe dress me up in some wierd armor

you can get cremated then put in a full size plot.

God Damn you guys are funny :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Told my wife to creamate me and scatter the ashes at the local Walmart parking lot.  That way, she can visit me 3 or 4 days a week.... :D  :D
I'm stealing this one :lol:

... or for about 10g's you can be pressed into a diamond and live on forever...
:eek:NOOO WAAAAYYYYY!!!! :cool: You know that could be the root of a very cruel engagement ring joke... :devil:

you can get cremated then put in a full size plot.
We did this with my dad's mom, they said that ash urns can be buried 3 to a plot, and I think the guy even said that they can bury them in layers to give up to 9 urns per plot...

... Man, you got alot of miles of bad road in life experiences ...
The price I pay for selling my soul to the Devil :devil::jester: Burn for days eh? I'm definitely attending your funeral :cheers:

Mr. P. :)

"Prop me up beside the jukebox when I die!" :D

I would like to be cremated. I dont like the idea of being burried in a box. Nothing and noone has ever kept me confined, and i do not wish to spend an eternity like that. I want my ashes spread somewhere, I'm not sure where yet, but somewhere important to me and the people I love, so they can visit a special place that isn't a cemetary. (I hate cemetaries, they are creepy and put off bad vibes, just like hospitals.)

Dang it... on one hand, you have to think about your body being burned down to ashes, and on the other you're worm food for the next 100 years or so (depending on how good the seal is on the casket). They both suck... :nonod:

Just put a pipe bomb in my suit jacket, say your goodbye's, then light the fuse. BOOM, pink mist, done. :sick: