Heat Seats problem

mikes04ss

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine did this for a couple of days after I accidentally spilled coffee on the passenger seat and then cleaned it up. :banghead: I thought I blew a fuse or shorted it out or something and was sure I was going to have to have it looked at but then a coupleof day later it was o.k. and working normal :dunno: after that I sort of just forgot about it and it's been working fine ever since.Did you spill something?

I am having a little problem with my heated seats. BOTH SIDES. They come for a few seconds and turn off. Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

Mike

When do they turn on? @ key in? After starting?

OR

Do you turn them on, and do they only stay on for a few seconds ...

I am having a little problem with my heated seats. BOTH SIDES. They come for a few seconds and turn off. Any help would be great!!

Thanks,

Mike

I bought my SS with this exact same problem, issue was blown control module. when I pressed the button the LEDs would blink a couple times then shut off. If you want I can pull the repair ticket and give you the part number...

Mr. P.

I turn them on after I start up the truck.  The part number would definately help out Thanks!!!!  Is it hard to replace?
Dunno - mine was done under warranty but I'm sure it can't be all that difficult once we get the part number. If you ask nice :D I'm sure one of the GM parts counter guys on here would posts up a schematic...

Mr. P.

Thanks,

Mike

I bought my SS with this exact same problem, issue was blown control module. when I pressed the button the LEDs would blink a couple times then shut off. If you want I can pull the repair ticket and give you the part number...

Mr. P.

Mr. P ... what module was it that needed replacing? The BCM?

Mr. P ... what module was it that needed replacing? The BCM?
Nah there's a separate/specific control box (module) that regulates the current to the seat warmers; I'll post the P/N when I get home, or maybe one of the Goodwrench guys can look it up before then.

Mr. P.