Heat Seats problem

mikes04ss

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I took my truck to the Dealer and I was told it would cost $401 to fix the ellement. Unforunately I just booked a trip in May to Vegas and bought some race fuel, so I won't be fixing the seats till I get back. Good luck to anyone else who has this problem. Thanks guy for all the help.

• 11 months later...

Hi guys. I don't mean to threadjack but I didn't want to re post this since there was already a thread about it and noone has posted in here for a year. I just got my 03 SS Thursday and everything was working and running fine. Yesterday I tried to adjust my power lumbar on the drivers seat but it doesn't move. The passengers seat moves fine. I just heard a clicking noise after a few secs. Well after I tried to move that now neither seat heater will stay on longer than a few secs. They will stay on as long as I am pressing the lumbar button on my seat but as soon as I quit touching it they click off. Do you guys think that it's a issue with the lumbar button itself or do you think it's the module Mr. P had to have replaced? I can hear the clicking coming from under my seat when they turn off. Even when the passenger seat turns off I hear the clicking noise under my seat. It's not a huge deal but it is kind of cold at 4 in the morning and that would make my trip to work that early a little better. Thanks a bunch.......Zac

Hi guys. I don't mean to threadjack but I didn't want to re post this since there was already a thread about it and noone has posted in here for a year. I just got my 03 SS Thursday and everything was working and running fine. Yesterday I tried to adjust my power lumbar on the drivers seat but it doesn't move. The passengers seat moves fine. I just heard a clicking noise after a few secs. Well after I tried to move that now neither seat heater will stay on longer than a few secs. They will stay on as long as I am pressing the lumbar button on my seat but as soon as I quit touching it they click off. Do you guys think that it's a issue with the lumbar button itself or do you think it's the module Mr. P had to have replaced? I can hear the clicking coming from under my seat when they turn off. Even when the passenger seat turns off I hear the clicking noise under my seat. It's not a huge deal but it is kind of cold at 4 in the morning and that would make my trip to work that early a little better. Thanks a bunch.......Zac

Zac it sounds like you have a wiring harness issue with the drivers seat :chevy:

Zac it sounds like you have a wiring harness issue with the drivers seat :chevy:

Well I would have to guess that it's gonna cost a bunch to figure that out huh? Anyone know how much on average GM dealers charge per hour? I hate electrical problems. Such a pain in the ass! :sigh:

Well I would have to guess that it's gonna cost a bunch to figure that out huh? Anyone know how much on average GM dealers charge per hour? I hate electrical problems. Such a pain in the ass! :sigh:

Not sure what it is by you, but here its $80-$90 per hour. :chevy:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so close to dumping this truck...My truck is old(120K'ish)...Turns key like new and I love the truck...AWD...decent power...looks good...But all of these quirks are driving me nuts....

-headlights...high beams are seperate than low beams(fixed with aftermarket relay)

-bulbs/fixtures constantly burn out(some have been fixed by installing LED)

-Alternator is junk

-junk alternator made the already poor battery die

-clunking steering shaft

-front hub bearings

-front diff carrier bearings

-dead cluster servos

-dead cluster lights

-rattling climate fan(above head/head liner)

-MAF(dirty)..Map(broke or something)...TB dirty(???)

-EVAP sucking in water(earlier models)

-ECU learn mode from a battery install(drain/disconnect)

-seat leather cracks, regardless how anal you are about conditioner)

-plastic dash cracks/sucks

Sound familiar?

I'm about to rid of it, and fall victim to diesel as well....They have a sweet looking Regency 2500 sitting at my local dealer(need to look into it)....

Apart from my little rant....the truck has always fired first lick, and never left me stranded...It's been abused and used....But when everyone else is dealing with it, you have to admit, GM needs to pick up their sack a bit...

Back on topic...I hear, what sounds like a soleinoid or a relay clicking under my seat, everytime that the heater turns on/off....BTW...my seat heater turns on for a couple of seconds, then turns off....could it be a simple relay that's burnt up?

Edited by dawgbone (see edit history)

Damn. Glad I don't have that much wrong with my truck. I got 120k as well but the inside is spotless and only have a few small imperfections on the outside. Have you tried wacking off your steering shaft? Lol. I've read that on here but haven't got a chance to try it out. Wack you shaft off. :D .I hear that clicking noise as well. Does your lumbar support move? Will your seat heater stay on if you play with any of the buttons on the side of the seat? Just wondering. :D

Edited by Zaxss (see edit history)

I make it sound like it's beat up, but my truck is in near perferct condition....I'm anal about my vehicles so really, when I say used and abused, I just mean that it's been driven(pullin boats/trailers..etc..)....No garage queens here...

I haven't had the carrier bearing problem(yet),,,I just threw that in there, as alot of others have posted about it on here...Mine turned out being the hub bearing...But I've seen pretty much everything else...I was shocked to find so many post on those issues...both here and other forums...My seats are still holding together, but like I said, I'm anal, and the wear is freaking me out...My dash just squeeks...I said cracked, meant squeeks when say I'm driving in my yard(3 acres)...But really It's not that big of a deal, all cars/trucks have their quirks...but a recall on tailgate straps...com'on...how long has GM been building trucks?

Anyhoo....I didn't lube/whack my shaft(freakin hilarious)....mine was knocking and banging everywhere, so I traded it in for a new and improved one :jester:

Both of my seats are fully functional, cept for the heaters...I've played with buttons..LOL...set and reset my memories....See...my driver's seat's heater only stays on for a couple of seconds the first time I try...after that, it'll only stay on for a brief second....The passenger seat isn't as bad, it will stay on longer....but it does the same thing....That's why I was thinking that it was a worn/weak relay, not staying stuck...

Ok I understand you now. My truck is kinda like that then. It's a good daily driver that i'm not afraid to drive. :cheers:

I have some new info about my seats. I let my wife drive my truck today since she just had to go to work which is 3 miles from our house and I had to drive 34 miles, so she calls me this morning and tells me that the seat heater worked all the way to her work and she sat in the parking lot to see if they would stay on and they did. This is not making any sense. What would be the difference. She didn't move my seat or change drivers or anything she said. Just got in and drove. When we first drove the truck she brought it to me and she had the seat heater on the whole way down to my work which is like I said about 15 miles. I even had them on that night. This is really pissing me off. I got under it the other day and moved the wires around but it didn't change anything then all of a sudden it stays on? WTF? I'm gonna end up taking it to the dealer I guess. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here with the heated seat blinking and going out. The passenger seat works but I'm pretty sure the bottom heating element on it is burned out so just the passenger back warms up. Whatever, just need to bring my truck to get it fixed, its all under warranty so ya.. Kinda annoying if its happening to a lot of people :wtf: