trding in caddy for ss

fletch_1

okay guys im 17 and i own a 2002 cadillac escalade fully loaded and i went to gmc the other day just to drive threw and i seen a chevy ss 1500 its black and its a 2003 model with black or a dark lookin leather its got 50,000 miles on it and they are wantin 21,500 for it do u think i should trade in the escalade for it? i mean im gonna test drive it tomrrow and im not sure if its 2wd or awd or 4x4 or what but it looks like a 2wd and can they spin out really good? lol but what is the top speed on a factory ss truck? and how fast is one?

thanks tyler fletcher :D

03 AND 04 there was no option ALL WHEEL DRIVE ONLY my buddy here in denton tx just bought an 03 with 40000 miles for 21900. :chevy:

well tomrrow im gonna go test drive it does any1 know how fast a factory one goes? but im not sure either about the ss but i like it and is there any big differances than the 03 to the 04 05 and 06?

03 and 04 basically the same 05 came new options you could get a sun roof and cloth interior 03 and 04 really did not have options they came with everything 05 and newer they started putting less in them but selling them for the same price. :chevy:

post-6481-1169002618_thumb.jpg

How fast - the factory speed limit is 108-mph and the truck will run about 15-flat in the 1/4. But the trucks respond favorably to mods, and the '03-04 SS trucks came fully loaded, there were only a couple options that could be left off. The $21-22K price is about market, but if you can get it for cheaper that leaves room for mods :D The biggest issue people face is the 2WD vs AWD debate, there have been a few people that traded their AWD trucks for 2WD (SS or VHO) and were much happier afterwards, so think that through before you buy so you don't regret having an AWD truck.

Mr. P. :)

03 AND 04 there was no option ALL WHEEL DRIVE ONLY my buddy here in denton tx just bought an 03 with 40000 miles for 21900. :chevy:

well tomrrow im gonna go test drive it does any1 know how fast a factory one goes? but im not sure either about the ss but i like it and is there any big differances than the 03 to the 04 05 and 06?

The 03 top speed is limited from the factory to around 108 mph, but a custom tune can remove this, and I speak from experience that it will do over 120 with the limiter removed.

Exactly what a 17 year old needs, but hey you already have an Escalade at 17, so why not?

Yeah, they're fast and could do a good burn out if it weren't AWD......all the things you should be concerned with man!!

Only 108 MPH from the factory, but let's give him all the information he needs to make it go faster!!!

As for the truck you're looking at, it seems a little pricey for the year and the mileage........GOOD LUCK and DON'T KILL YOURSELF!!!

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The 03 top speed is limited from the factory to around 108 mph, but a custom tune can remove this, and I speak from experience that it will do over 120 with the limiter removed.

:withstupid: Not the best picture, but as you can tell I was multi-tasking. I have a better one just have to find it.

I have crusied at 100-110 for about 45 mins easy through New Mexico on 87 south at about 4 am on a thurs. Awesome ride.

post-4835-1169007531_thumb.jpg

:withstupid: Not the best picture, but as you can tell I was multi-tasking. I have a better one just have to find it.

I have crusied at 100-110 for about 45 mins easy through New Mexico on 87 south at about 4 am on a thurs. Awesome ride.

love the instant fuel economy of 3 miles per gallon. :crackup:

Mr. Fletcher...Save the money you will lose on trade in value for your escalade and what you will have to pony up for taxes, transfer fees, etc. And buy this fancy turbo kit for your escalade and be a happy 17yr old...

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/n_gall...ml?gk=7&t=rides