My truck has a ghost

MP5GUY

Yesterday my truck started doing so really weird stuff. First off when I turned on my wipers they went up about half way jerked all over (back and forth) and then went back down. I tried it three times with the same results. Then that night when I started my truck the driver seat takes off smashing me into the wheel and then moving back to half way (center). Note: I have had this loud pop whenever I start the truck that has always been there. (sounds like someone touching jumper cables together. Gm says its normal) but after sitting out at a friends last night it started at -11 so I am not thinking battery?? Anyones thoughts.

in my limited experience with weird crap happening like that i would have to take a stab in the dark and suggest something with the BCM (body control module). i would check to see if its throwing any codes. :dunno:

:withstupid: I'm w/ Holty. Sounds like a BCM issue, or could even be a module networking issue. If you have a network line intermittently getting pulled to ground or getting shorted, there's no telling what will happen.

All the faults you mentioned are computer-managed circuits ... not direct circuits. So ... if there's a problem w/ the network & messages aren't being sent properly ... it would explain the 'ghost' results you are experiencing ...

Try to get a scanner on it & check the modules for codes ...

Ok here's the final answer. They reprogramed the seat BCM and as always they couldn't find anything that was wrong with the wipers. (Stupid truck) and we ended up having the PCM reset to "Stock settings" Which I had to pay for beacuse there was "nothing wrong" Per Gm :icon_bs: so my bank account is $100 lighter and I got 50% fixed. :banghead: Thanks guys good call on the BCM. But I did get my Hooters for lunch! So it wasn't a complete loss

Ok here's the final answer. They reprogramed the seat BCM and as always they couldn't find anything that was wrong with the wipers. (Stupid truck) and we ended up having the PCM reset to "Stock settings" Which I had to pay for beacuse there was "nothing wrong" Per Gm :icon_bs: so my bank account is $100 lighter and I got 50% fixed. :banghead: Thanks guys good call on the BCM. But I did get my Hooters for lunch! So it wasn't a complete loss

So ... I'm confused ... they reflashed the driver's seat module, or they reflashed the BCM? :dunno: