Dish Net or Comcast

Bonj87

Direct tv-KAKU dish(HD) 4recievers almost every channel in HD,$79 a month. :thumbs:

:withstupid: cant beat the price or the clarity that comes with Directv when installed correctly. And I should know, I am an installer for them :yellow_loser:

Almost every job I have been doing each day its people dropping comcast to get Directv. That price you put up for comcasts HD package seems pretty cheap for comcast though. Here is like $80 for the basic package through comcast which sucks ass. As for Directv and their HD channels. Basically with the KA/KU dish you get all your locals regulary and in HD then theres your movie channels, espn, etc in HD. Not every channel is able to give you an HD signal but there enough of them to hold you over thats for sure. If you do go for Directv make sure they put 2 braces on the dish mount itself for total stability while mounting it. A lot of techs try to cut corners to get the job done quicker when they can take 2 extra minutes to brace the dish correctly so there are no future problems. And no matter what do not let them mount the dish on the side of the house. That dish must go on the roof, on and pole mount, or last case scenario a none penetrating roof mount if you have a flat roof so theres no drilling involved.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, i install these dishes 6days a week so I pretty much know whats going on :cheers:

Oh yeah with Directv now, there are several promotions that you have a choice of when you order. You can get a HD DVR, a DVD, or something else (cant remember exactly). The DVR's are sweet but there are some problems with them since they are new and all the bugs havent been worked out yet.

I believe I may be able to get you a small discount as well but let me check some of my papers I have and see whats up

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

You guys are payin alot for your service. I used to have Comcast here and it chenged to Time Warner. The bill is the same. I pay $10 for the rental of a HD DVR (Digital Video Recorder) and $7 for a digital box. Basic cable with on Demand . Mtv, all discover ch., and HD , minus the premium HD channels. Also have high speed cable for the internet. My bill is 45 for the cable and 45 for the high speed internet! I had direct tv and they wanted me to buy the HD box and it wasnt even a DVR so I switched to Comast. I say cable

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)

i got DirecTV but if you live in a Verizon area and FiOS tv is available, go for it! We got a complete fiber optic network to the side of your house. Not sure of the cost, but as far as I know, installation is still free for four boxes. Not to mention the the speed of the internet over the fiber. Most areas offer 5mb, 15mb, or 30mb. i think some areas are up to 80mb.

i'm going to video training for the next couple of weeks. finally had enough of the old copper world. they wanted to send me to Ft. Wayne, Ind, but decided to stay local and go to classes in Marlboro, MA. plus its a different shift so i get time and a half for the full two weeks.

damn, i think i just highjacked your thread. sorry about that!!

i got DirecTV but if you live in a Verizon area and FiOS tv is available, go for it! We got a complete fiber optic network to the side of your house. Not sure of the cost, but as far as I know, installation is still free for four boxes. Not to mention the the speed of the internet over the fiber. Most areas offer 5mb, 15mb, or 30mb. i think some areas are up to 80mb.

i'm going to video training for the next couple of weeks. finally had enough of the old copper world. they wanted to send me to Ft. Wayne, Ind, but decided to stay local and go to classes in Marlboro, MA. plus its a different shift so i get time and a half for the full two weeks.

damn, i think i just highjacked your thread. sorry about that!!

id prefer verizon fiber tv.. but its not available in chicago