Cruise control

I have a question to ask and i was wondering i bought some wheels and tires today so i can drive my ss in the winter i know im a bad owner but it will be its last, well back to the question, i bought winter wheels and now that i put them on i tryed useing my cruise control and it didn't work is it because of my tires that i put on, there 265-75-16? thanks

I wouldnt see what that wouldnt have to do with the cruise not working, and your not a bad owner bud theres plenty of people on here that drive there SSS in the snow and I'm one of em. As long as you keep her clean from top to bottom you wont have a problem. :driving: here ya go check out this thread that I started a while ago.http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28969&hl= Your not alone and also I can see you wanting to change your wheels for winter but theres really no need to, im still sporting my 20" SS wheels and get around just fine in the snow with the shitty goodyear tires but everyone does there own thing. yours maybe chrome too, I dont know but mine are painted so no biggy

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

would it have anything to do with the changed mph. the computer is set for the 20" wheels and tires. then you go to a smaller set, wouldnt that mean you going slower(or faster)? becuae i from 16 to 20's and now i go faster that what my speedo says. so maybe the cruise is shuttin off or not working because it senses the wheels are going 65 and you speedo says 60(dont know exactly how much its off). so its senses a diffrence and stops working. but if its random i have to idea. mine still works, except im going faster than what it says. well w.e it is hopefully you fix it~~~kyle

yeah but i thought it was weird it still doesn't work but when i had my 24's on it worked i dont know why and i really dont wanna take it to the dealer, i haven't checked the fuse for it cause if i hit it enough times is like makes it dim where the light should be but still doesn't work

i think its more likely due to the fact that the torque converter isnt locking up. on a cold day if the trans temp doesnt get to somewhere around 140 i think zippy said then the converter won't lock up and the cruise probably won't engage. sort of guessing but educated one at least. :happysad: