Tuner Names

03CHEV SS

What I would like know is list of people that can tune my computer. Ive seen a couple company that tune like Western. I would to see if their is more than that. I would also like to see want tuner you went with and your opinion of the gains. I know somebody will say do a search but I would to gather all the information under one topic so I can start calling for a tune. Thanks Tony

What I would like know is list of people that can tune my computer. Ive seen a couple company that tune like Western. I would to see if their is more than that. I would also like to see want tuner you went with and your opinion of the gains. I know somebody will say do a search but I would to gather all the information under one topic so I can start calling for a tune. Thanks Tony

Also along with their names maybe a phone number or a web site. Thanks again.

In addition to Wester's tune, there is PCMforless.com, Zippy (Frank from Revolutionraceworks works with Zippy), Nelson tuning (in Texas). Zippy and Frank have tuned some of the fastest trucks on here (other vendors have tuned fast trucks as well). Each have different tuning habits, beliefs about how to tune, and of course cost. Mail order tunes are good in most cases, but not always perfect. If you can get HP tuners or EFI live, you can fine tune it by sending logs to your tuner and have them make any necessary corrections. In person tuning is better so if one of the tuners is close to you, going to see them is in you and your trucks best interest. Also, dyno tuning is above all the best and immediate result, but AWD dynos are in short supply unless you have a 2WD truck.

Zippy tuned my truck and I am extremely happy with it.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I looked around for a mail order tune for a few weeks before recently going with Wait4Me (W4M). The only mods I plan on having on my truck are CAI and exhaust and figured anybody that does lots of tuning would be good enough for me, plus its free service and upgrades. The major deciding factor was the price for me though, paid 150+shipping for tune+core. Looking at 350ish with most other tuners for a tune+core.

Personally, I wouldnt rely on how many tunes someone has done as the bar of measure. Example...If I needed open heart surgery and I had two doctors...One who has performed 10,000 surgeries, but only 75% survived or one who has performed 1,000 and 99% survived, I would go with the later...

In the case of tuning, I would listen to success stories and look for proven results. Just because someone does alot of tuning doesnt mean they are good, because in all likely hood, you wont hear about the aftermath.