jet power shift?

anyone use or heard anything good about this. i like the idea of having it selectable. it seems like a resonable price. so hopefully i get your feedback~~~Kyle

jet

jetchip sucks ass. They are so good at sucking ass in fact, they don't have to clean up after the fact. jetchip is a company that spends their energy and funds on making magazine write ups so that every article you read with a "new mod" has their freaking name dropped in it.

They robbed me of alot....A LOT of money and wouldn't back their product, wouldn't return phone calls, and...I can go on all day man, if you buy their product...you are on your own, no real support. They started the craze with after market MAF's and "chips" and then trans "tuners". Their time is dead, by the time you spend 160 bucks on that, could of invested that money in some other good mods that will help your cause. Get in good with a tuning buddy and have them set your tow/haul button up with one normal setting and one stiff racey setting. F$uck Jet, I swear I'll cry if you give them your money. Okay maybe not, but I'll be sad.

so you dont think it will work like adverstized? it seems like a good product but i will always take advice from members and if you said they screwed you, then im turned away from the product. it just looks like a good product, i like the idea of having it in control. how do i go about making my tow/haul into a normal and stiffer one? i know this part would be in the wrong section but would a pcm tune have this capabilty??

so you dont think it will work like adverstized? it seems like a good product but i will always take advice from members and if you said they screwed you, then im turned away from the product. it just looks like a good product, i like the idea of having it in control. how do i go about making my tow/haul into a normal and stiffer one? i know this part would be in the wrong section but would a pcm tune have this capabilty??

yep, a good pcm tune. I didn't read your sig, do you have a pcm tune yet? is it a mod you'd be interested in? Fly over to pcm section and do some research, lots of great guys in there that can answer any questions you have on the topic.

The product by itself is a novel one IMO. 4 levels of trans settings has its appeal, but IMHO, it's overkill on what 2 different settings and a good pcm tune would do for you. I honestly hate jet and can't help pimp their products. When they had a trans department and "supposedly" had one of the top trans guys in the business...mine failed in less than a 100 miles. Got their permission to take it out and ship it, but I wanted them to pay shipping IF it turned out to be their fault but ofcourse they wouldn't. Not part of their warranty, so I begged them to let a local trans shop look at and diagnose it. They fought it and fought it. Finally, I got one of their people (apparently someone with no pull) to agree to a local ASE trans shop to take a "look see" and what he found was a junk yard trans painted glossy black. You can only imagine it got ugly from there. A pcm tune from one of the sponsored guys or someone you feel comfortable with after plenty of research will do you good and you'll be happy you spent the extra 150 bucks on a good tune instead. I guarantee you will. (disclaimer, as long as you use a well known tuner) :)

They also brag and this is legit.. they are the only headers not to set a check engine light when installed in the advised fashion.. this is true.

What code are other brand headers supposedly throwing?

That thing is a p.o.s.

If you want to replace your trans in the next few months then its a wise investment.. haha..

Seriously get yourself a tune from someone anyone but dont waste your money on that. Anything that taps into the trans signals and modifies or diverts them is not good for overall performance of the transmission I just dealt with a guy that someone raised his linepressure though the ceiling for hard shifts now he is going to be repairing his transmission and it might not be cheap.