Crazy Cheep car!! 96 Taurus

fast4popper

So for 2 years I have been watchin the neighbors push this car into the garage in the winter and back out on the street in the spring. I have asked several times what is wrong with it, but they had no clue. well their oldest son just turned 16 and bought a 95 probe and I got hooked into helping him "pimp his probe" as we are dubbing it. So I asked him whats up with the Taurus in the garage, he tells me the tranny is shot. then the next day tells me the motor is bad. yet later that afternoon he tells me it just needs head gaskets. so of course my mind is brewin at this time. Not that I want a Ford, but the wife needs a car. So I go over and bring the big old battery charger and it wont fire up. So I run to work and grab a battery. the car fires first try. now mind you this car has not ran in over 2 years. so i drive it over to my mechanic and have him look at it. as I just dont have time. so he calls me today and tells me my car is done. well after all this wonderin what is wrong, it was a damn heater hose coupler that rusted thru and was leaking!!!!! You should have seen their faces as they signed the title over to me in exchange for helping Jr pimp his ride!!

I just got a 96 Taurus for 6 bucks and a new battery with 116K miles on it. it is clean as heck, rides and drive really nice and is the perfect get around car for the wife.

the best part, I get my SS all to myself!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

I have been grinin all day about this one! had to share with you all

congrats! mind you that is one of the biggest pos's ever to come to the market. if it hasnet happened yet you can expect a blown headgasket as well as a bum tranny at some point. my mom had two of those teirds. first was returned via california lemon law.

I have replaced a few of those pipes for that same reason, theit pretty popular for that. nice score :thumbs:

We just picked up a 98 Suburban for $1500, We just tuned it up and put a new A/C system on it last year for the guy. it has new Michelin tires and is clean, just a wear spot on the drivers leather seat. His wife took it to a quick lube in town last week and they flushed the tranny and burnt the pump out of it, it has a 190k but has been well taken care of, he just did not want to deal with it :crazy:

congrats! mind you that is one of the biggest pos's ever to come to the market. if it hasnet happened yet you can expect a blown headgasket as well as a bum tranny at some point. my mom had two of those teirds. first was returned via california lemon law.

its all good. if it breaks and its cheep I fix it. if not, well then off to the yard it goes. its just a ford and for 6 bucks I will drive it. save my mileage on the old SS.

thanks for the headsup!

HA! thats awesome first the nasty sewage smell and now the $6 car! Looks like its going to be a good and intresting 2007 for you pooper :cheers:

funny you brought that up again!! and its POPPER! not pooper! :)

And to think with all your good fortune I wouldve thought you would have let my grammetical errors slide this time :jester::lol:

Edited by drako (see edit history)