need help with 6 disk

I have an '05 with the six disk in dash changer, bose, and factory xm. I recently installed an aux input adapter so I could listen to my ipod in my truck; the adapter seems to be working alright, as does the xm (the ipod plays on xm2), but now for some reason the changer won't let me load or play any cd's. The cd icon on the screen sometimes blinks, but at other times does not. I have no idea why an aux input adapter would do this other than if the radio thinks that is controlling an external changer. I have tried removing the adapter and disconnecting the radio and the battery, but it still doesn't work.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thanks for any help in advance

I have an '05 with the six disk in dash changer, bose, and factory xm. I recently installed an aux input adapter so I could listen to my ipod in my truck; the adapter seems to be working alright, as does the xm (the ipod plays on xm2), but now for some reason the changer won't let me load or play any cd's. The cd icon on the screen sometimes blinks, but at other times does not. I have no idea why an aux input adapter would do this other than if the radio thinks that is controlling an external changer. I have tried removing the adapter and disconnecting the radio and the battery, but it still doesn't work.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thanks for any help in advance

Check w/ CHASE on this ... I seem to remember him having a cd changer problem similar to what you described, and they had to replace his head unit ... and it took him awhile before he got his CD's back ... :seeya:

did you have it installed by a pro, cuz sometimes they suck :happysad:

I ordered it from crutchfield and installed it myself. I called their tech support, but they said the adapter could not have caused this, and were basically no help :banghead: I guess I will have to take it to the dealer and see what they say about it.

did you have it installed by a pro, cuz sometimes they suck :happysad:

I ordered it from crutchfield and installed it myself. I called their tech support, but they said the adapter could not have caused this, and were basically no help :banghead: I guess I will have to take it to the dealer and see what they say about it.

Yeah ... sorry to hear about that dude. It sounds like your CD changer just locked up & quit playing CD's as soon as you installed that adapter. Anyway ... good luck @ the dealer. Hopefully, you're under warranty.

It sounds like your cd jamed in you head unit. This happend to me a while back and found that all you need is about 30min to an hour. all you have to do is remove your head unit, open it and realigh the cd's. you will probably notice that one or more are out of their natural center line. once you realign them reinstall the head unit and you should once again have control over you cd's.

It sounds like your cd jamed in you head unit. This happend to me a while back and found that all you need is about 30min to an hour. all you have to do is remove your head unit, open it and realigh the cd's. you will probably notice that one or more are out of their natural center line. once you realign them reinstall the head unit and you should once again have control over you cd's.

I tried this a couple of times and the stupid thing still wouldn't work; so I took it to the dealer and ordered a new one under warranty which should be in some time this week.

I tried this a couple of times and the stupid thing still wouldn't work; so I took it to the dealer and ordered a new one under warranty which should be in some time this week.

Did you check to make sure the discs were all alligned in the disc cage? One or more discs can slip free if the unit is bumped at the wrong angle... That's what happened to mine, even though I didn't see anything wrong at first... I took pictures in this thread here http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...23311&hl=cd

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)