My truck was stolen

MANDO517

This also happend to a fellow SSS'er back in Dec. His truck was found the very next day compleatly stiped. Including full interior. Needless to say his insurance company totaled the truck and got him a new one. He just picked it up two weeks ago.

Sorry about the truck, it is a shame to see something like that happen.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow man.... that sucks, im sorry. :icon_bs: these trucks are big targets, and the onstar is totally useless so dont worry, having it wouldnt have meant a thing. my next door neighboors denali got stolen from her driveway a few weeks ago.... they tried to steal the SS but the Viper woke me up. only truck on the street not harmed. someone tried to steal it while it was on remote start as well. when they realized the truck had no keys, they ran. couldnt catch them :banghead: little guy jumped fences like he was running from border patrol

Way sorry to hear about your truck, that really sucks especially since blue is the best color. Those autolock devices are not all they are cracked up to be. Same with alot of the other antitheft devices. If the thieves know what they are doing then they can get almost any vehicle out there. Also for anyone that doesn't know OnStar can be disabled very easily. Best thing i've found is a device called LoJack, before i got my SS i had my 02 Chevy stolen with LoJack on it. It's kinda like a homing becon when it's activated and most police depts, especially ones with high veh thefts have them. Once the vehicle is entered as stolen it activates the beacon and the cops can home in on it with no problems. Depending on where you live the beacon can broadcast up to 15 miles away. Like i said my other truck had it when it got stolen and after i reported it they called me like 3 hrs later and said they had found it in the back of a auto shop who had just started to strip it down. The truck was stolen in Henderson NV and they found it in North Las Vegas. They had only gotten the wheels and the hood off when they found it. I'm not advocating that its the best and it won't help the truck not get stolen but it sure helped in recovering it b4 any permanent damage was done. Now i won't go with anything else on my SSS

wow man that just sucks. id have to see a therapist if my truck was stolen. i hope you get it back in good shape or at least the insurance comapny will get you a new one. but those blue ones are rare, so replacement isnt going to be easy. are they going to cover your mods?

Way sorry to hear about your truck, that really sucks especially since blue is the best color. Those autolock devices are not all they are cracked up to be. Same with alot of the other antitheft devices. If the thieves know what they are doing then they can get almost any vehicle out there. Also for anyone that doesn't know OnStar can be disabled very easily. Best thing i've found is a device called LoJack, before i got my SS i had my 02 Chevy stolen with LoJack on it. It's kinda like a homing becon when it's activated and most police depts, especially ones with high veh thefts have them. Once the vehicle is entered as stolen it activates the beacon and the cops can home in on it with no problems. Depending on where you live the beacon can broadcast up to 15 miles away. Like i said my other truck had it when it got stolen and after i reported it they called me like 3 hrs later and said they had found it in the back of a auto shop who had just started to strip it down. The truck was stolen in Henderson NV and they found it in North Las Vegas. They had only gotten the wheels and the hood off when they found it. I'm not advocating that its the best and it won't help the truck not get stolen but it sure helped in recovering it b4 any permanent damage was done. Now i won't go with anything else on my SSS

Where in Henderson? I live in North Las Vegas. Lucky for me no one ever messed with my truck, two weeks ago I put the 791 Viper in. I have stayed in my GF's apartment before in Henderson; off Sunset and Annie Oakley never had a problem.

Makes me not want to start my truck in my driveway just for it to warm up even though where i live a stolen car is rare around here but id be one of the unlucky ones and get my Arrival Blue SSS Stolen. I feel for ya bud and cant even imagine how it felt when you noticed. I would be on the ground crying my ass off if that ever happened to me because I love my truck and take very good care of it and it would just kill me knowing some ****ing wreckless asswipe is out there enjoying my pride and joy and stripping it of what ive what ive worked so hard to get. Good luck on finding her.

That really blows dude. Those jackasses will get whats comin to them sooner or later. Everything catches up with you eventually. Its a little thing called Karma. Best of Luck.

:mad: yeah karma is a b!+(h i hope they get what's coming to them. the pics of your truck is what helped me make a decision on the wheels to put on mine

jesus I hope you get all of the money back man. Keep us posted with the outcome. :happysad:

my friend got his h2 stolen at around 1pm parked at his highschool. by the time he called onstar it was deactivated and probably on its way to panama