Who here plays a musical instrument?

misterp

My 9-year old daughter just got a guitar and loves it, she told me that she is sleeping with it right beside her (!) and by coincidence I just recorded a very good "Guitarist Greats" doc on the DVR so that's where the Q comes from... I know that we all enjoy music, just wondering if anyone else here had an "above-normal passion", like studying music or playing an instrument (seriously) or more than 500 CDs or you have a record collection or you are in a band or you run a multi-terrabyte MP3 collection or ???

I have always loved music; I am the type that could easily live without a TV but must have music 24/7. I never played an instrument but did sing and study music for many years, and for a short while was a soundman for a punk band if you can believe that (well I pretended anyway!). And I've got my faves but do collect/listen/appreciate all genres of music except country (no hard feelings :D).

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the Saxaphone in school, but I never really took to it. I even tried to learn the Guitar, but still not that much luck with that too.

Minor chords on the Guitar, is all I could do right now ...

As for music ... I really like everything ... I have a fairly extensive music collection too. But I find on the downloads, I can find odd stuff that I used to listen too in Australia and such.

AIR GUITAR!!! :thumbs: i love to rock :D

:shakehead::withstupid:

I need music in my life, anything really. However I cant play worth a damn. I love all genre from middle eastern/greek to old school rock/spanish/some rap and of course some good chopin/bach etc etc I am very fond of oldies and rock though. While most kids were listening to new kids on the block I was rolling around with my dad listening to oldies. So I know pretty much every single one by heart :thumbs:

I played the Saxaphone in school, but I never really took to it. I even tried to learn the Guitar, but still not that much luck with that too.

I played the alto saxaphone for 8 years... till about sophmore year in high school... then it was like screw this, at that point if it didnt have t*ts or wheels I didn't care about it,

matter of fact thats pretty much my motto still... :ughdance:

later in hs I tried guitar but never took to it

~Brian

Edited by Posi12Bolt (see edit history)

I think I would loose my mind if I didn't get a daily dose of heavily distorted guitar playing. I have been playing for almost 15 years now and just wish 14 of them consisted of more practicing as oposed to messing around.

My daughter just turned 10 and we got her one of these for X-Mas. She LOVED it for about a week, now it just sits in the corner. I need to find some way to keep her interesetd.

star_artist_pink_pop.jpg

I used to play the trumpet in middle and HS untill I got braces, then I played the barritone. The mouthpiece fit around my braces instead of right on top of them. Then I got kicked out of band for always messing around..... damned ADHD :crazy:

As for music anything goes, even my wifes country is ok from time to time.... I always get that damned Carie Underwood song stuck in my head.... "his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive..." :banghead::banghead: Mostly listen to this rock station here in denver106.7 KBPI :devil: I'm an old beat freak too..(techno)