mater, its like tamater without the ta

turnitsa

alright guys i need a little help and im new to the ss world... seeing how my other cars were an 87 iroc-z :pop: and a 79 blazer and a 94 s-10..... i want my truck to be fast along with the looks... i know its fast stock.... but i want it faster. i want it to run in the mid 13's... i seen they run about a 15.0 14.9 stock.... ok but here's the problem... i dont want to rip my engine apart doing the heads or getting it bored out... maybe cams.. but thats about it for internal work. for now i just hit 40k and my warrenty is good till 60k y void it now, u never know what can happen, but i did talk to my dealer telling him i want to make it fast he said go ahead.. but dont touch the internals...... i was looking at super chargers, but i dont think i want to go that route.. twin turbos by sts....... but its an everyday driver...same again i kinda dont want to yet! :devil: i want it to last for now.... i mean 580 a month....u gotta take a little pride in that...i was thinking some headers, exhaust, chip, cai with snorkel, some underdrive pullies, injectors, test pipes...? please help me! thanks guys....

i would look into a good exhaust, CAI and defiantly a tune. after doing research on tunes you can see that that gain in h.p is awesome. that will get you started. as far as pulleys, injectors thats out of my league right now and will let someone else chime in to help you out~~~Kyle

ITs real simple...Here's the answer I put in another similar newbie thread...It really doesn't matter what you want or dont want, it is what it is...

You can blow alot of money on go slow or go fast parts, being smart about it is the key. For example, you can blow $350 on a MAF, $1,000 on headers, another $500 on exhaust, $200 on cold air induction, $100 on plugs/wires, $300+ on a handheld programmer, etc...and virtually gain nothing but maybe .5 sec. in the 1/4 (if your lucky). That's $2,450 on average, you could argue a little lower or little higher for prices on certain brands etc. With that being said, you could spend about $1,500 on a good set of Dart Heads and $400 for a cam (including springs, etc.), Spend about about $1,000 on tuning and install and pick probably more than a full second in the 1/4. Add a torque converter and you could gain another .2-.5. Ont he flip side, you could buy an inexpensive blower (not the best, but inexpensive) like a powerdyne off of ebay or a used whipple for probably well under $3,000 + a tune, install it yourself (usually easier and less involved than a head/cam swap), and pick up about 1.0-1.5 seconds as well. Again, the key is being smart. You can go fast for less and dont have to spend $10k like some of us will. Or you can do the slow supporting mods first, like I did and then get the blower on. I added headers, cai, tune, converter, efans, exhaust, etc. and would expect a 14.4 or so in the 1/4, but would be thrilled with 14.2ish...but doubtful. When I install the blower I have....boom...high 12's with the right tuning and blower pulley etc.

My cold hard advice...want mid 13's? Blower or cam and heads. Blower would be better for warranty because if somethign went wrong, you could take it off in a weekend and with most kits, the dealer would never really know it was there. There are several members running daily drivers with blowers installed as they came out of the box and have long miles with no trouble. You get into trouble when you start adding supporting mods and turning up the boost.