2/4 drop

well i need some help. i currently have a 2 in drop in the rear. but would like to go a little lower. i was thinking about a 2/4. all i need in the rear is hangers but dont feel confortable cutting out the hangers. the front i have no problem doing. but i have some questions thou. 1)do i need a c-notch with only a 4 inch drop? 2)how much will it cost to do hangers(estimate)? we use a dealer at my work that does these so he probablly will give me a little break but i want a ball park figure so i can get him to go lower. and number 3 do you think it will look good with a 2/4? i want to get all of the mechanical work done before i get the body done.so this will probablly be the next mod. this picture is with my rims and the 2" drop. the wheels rose the truck up a little so when looking at it from the back you see more of the undercarriage. and if i put a roll pan on i think you will see more. well hopefully someone has the answers

100_2428-1.jpg

dont think you need to do a c notch. just for info purposes, a friend of mine just installed the same leafs i have but with one inch drop shackles on his 00 reg cab sierra and it turned out real nice. pretty stiff ride but it got his butt pretty low. actually a little lower than his 2 inch drop coils got him in the front.

i thought you had to use stock shackels with leafs? so if i use 1" shackles and leaf i would get the 4" or more your saying? thats not a bad idea since i wouldnt have to cut out my hangers. also if i do use the hangers and cut out the rivits, couldnt i just bolt up the stock hangers if i ever want to go back to stock?

well i got the price in today. the guy said since he has to remove the gass tank and that might be a PITA it could be between 280-300. and if its easy to get around the gas tank it could be 200. it said it would prob take around 4-5 hours. looking at the install price and the kit i might as well save a few hundred and do it myself. my uncle used to be a mechanic and did lift kits so i think he could lower also. i would do it with him. do you think that price is resonable? and i should do it or install myself? need help guys!

well i got the price in today. the guy said since he has to remove the gass tank and that might be a PITA it could be between 280-300. and if its easy to get around the gas tank it could be 200. it said it would prob take around 4-5 hours. looking at the install price and the kit i might as well save a few hundred and do it myself. my uncle used to be a mechanic and did lift kits so i think he could lower also. i would do it with him. do you think that price is resonable? and i should do it or install myself? need help guys!

im technically not a mechanic and it took me no more than 3 and a half hours including the all important 5 minutes of lowering the gas tank which you technically do not have to do.

im technically not a mechanic and it took me no more than 3 and a half hours including the all important 5 minutes of lowering the gas tank which you technically do not have to do.

all important 5 min gas tank removal! and they say it might be a PITA i rember lowering one on my uncles ford to put in a new tank. all i did was remove 2 straps. and it came right down.

• 1 month later...

need a bump on this, its been a while and i really want to do it now. the only problem i see it my tires rubbing(front) do you think a 1"/4" drop would look uneven or 1"/3"??? and what about removing the overload spring on the leaf pack? would that do anything?? just dont want my front tires to rub since they do already at stock height! any ideas guys need some input~~Kyle

I don't think a 1/3 or a 1/4 is going to look very good. You said you want to hide the under carriage, so if I was you I would go with a 2/4. Where are the tires rubbing at? Those look like stock SS tires, so why not get a lower profile?

Also, i don't think removing the overload spring would have any effect, you would have to take out multiple leafs to get a drop in the rear, which would effect ride quality and load capacity.

i was thinking of getting lower profile tires, but since the tires have decent thread what i was thinking of doing was putting like 275/45 or50/20 up front and keep my 275/55 up back, but i dont want the tire size differnece to be to noticable...

i was thinking of getting lower profile tires, but since the tires have decent thread what i was thinking of doing was putting like 275/45 or50/20 up front and keep my 275/55 up back, but i dont want the tire size differnece to be to noticable...

275/55 in back and 275/45 up front would be tremendously noticeable. if you're interested though, i'm selling four brand new tires in the for sale section which are 285/50/20.