i still can't believe it?.. i raced a 350Z and won!..

2006_superado

i was driving home a little while ago, and was coming up to a red light. i noticed there was a 350Z ahead of me at the light, with a open lane to the right, so i got over.

when i was slowing down to stop the light went green so i ended up passing him, i tried to stay under 30 (so i can catch first) but he caught up pretty quick and i was a little over 30, and it only went into second, i was'nt sure if was down or not cause i did'nt get a chance to realy provoke him, (second gear sounds like shit above 30) but as i kept excelerating i noticed he was too. so i kept it floored to about 70 at which point i was ahead almost a truck, so i let of and let him catch and pass me by about a half car (i know i can catch second below 70) and i dropped into second and caught and passed him by a half truck to 90 i could'nt believe i beat a sports car on top end??? so i slowed a bit and seen he had his chick with him i tried to give him the :thumbs: but he would'nt look at me! lmao! :crackup: at this point i was in the turning lane so i had to turn off. but man was that cool, i'm still kinda psyched about it :cool: i had a load of tools in my truck so i don't think that him having his girl made a difference. i thought those things were supposed to be running low 14's? even an auto would be mid 14's right :dunno: sorry i could'nt tell if he was shifting or not my window was up and my flows were all i heard :jester: all i have on my truck is the volant, and the duel flows (did'nt install the pacesetters yet or get my tune).

anyone else have a run in with a Z? i would like to know if this is common or not?.

later guys.

i was driving home a little while ago, and was coming up to a red light. i noticed there was a 350Z ahead of me at the light, with a open lane to the right, so i got over.

when i was slowing down to stop the light went green so i ended up passing him, i tried to stay under 30 (so i can catch first) but he caught up pretty quick and i was a little over 30, and it only went into second, i was'nt sure if was down or not cause i did'nt get a chance to realy provoke him, (second gear sounds like shit above 30) but as i kept excelerating i noticed he was too. so i kept it floored to about 70 at which point i was ahead almost a truck, so i let of and let him catch and pass me by about a half car (i know i can catch second below 70) and i dropped into second and caught and passed him by a half truck to 90 i could'nt believe i beat a sports car on top end??? so i slowed a bit and seen he had his chick with him i tried to give him the :thumbs: but he would'nt look at me! lmao! :crackup: at this point i was in the turning lane so i had to turn off. but man was that cool, i'm still kinda psyched about it :cool: i had a load of tools in my truck so i don't think that him having his girl made a difference. i thought those things were supposed to be running low 14's? even an auto would be mid 14's right :dunno: sorry i could'nt tell if he was shifting or not my window was up and my flows were all i heard :jester: all i have on my truck is the volant, and the duel flows (did'nt install the pacesetters yet or get my tune).

anyone else have a run in with a Z? i would like to know if this is common or not?.

later guys.

Dunno if it's common or not, but I just ran a 911 Carerra tonight and it paced me the whole way. It wasn't a kill, but I was shocked the SSS kept up to it! :driving:

:wtf:

later guys.

Dunno if it's common or not, but I just ran a 911 Carerra tonight and it paced me the whole way. It wasn't a kill, but I was shocked the SSS kept up to it! :driving:

wow! now thats cool :thumbs:

the funny thing is yesterday on the freeway i seen a porsche 911 on a trailer track prepped, and a mile later i seen a 350Z on a trailer also track prepped... makes me wonder if it was a sign or karma or something? :wtf::crazy:

but all jokes aside OUR TRUCKS ROCK! Wooo Hoooo :chevy::cheers:

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

My friend just got a 2003 G35 coupe and kept asking me to run em. I didn't think I had a chance since that thing probably almost weighs half of the SS. Anyways I was following him and he turned on to the service road and got on it, the road was empty so I figured what the hell and got on it to and to my surprise I started reeling him in despite his head start, I think I killed his excitement about his new "sports car". Guess those cars are a little overrated

My friend just got a 2003 G35 coupe and kept asking me to run em. I didn't think I had a chance since that thing probably almost weighs half of the SS. Anyways I was following him and he turned on to the service road and got on it, the road was empty so I figured what the hell and got on it to and to my surprise I started reeling him in despite his head start, I think I killed his excitement about his new "sports car". Guess those cars are a little overrated

could be?.. or we could be underestimating our trucks?.

i'm starting to realize our truck's are not just quick for a truck, but actualy pretty quick in general. and being mine came with the 4.10's i'm hoping that i can crack off a sub 14-second run with my next two mod's????. i just don't know a good track to go to in so-cal, lacr is right near me but it sucks.. it might be my only choice now that i found out carlsbad closed two years ago!.. i felt like a dumb ass when i tried to find there track schedule on-line.

i'm starting to realize our truck's are not just quick for a truck, but actualy pretty quick in general. and being mine came with the 4.10's i'm hoping that i can crack off a sub 14-second run with my next two mod's????. i just don't know a good track to go to in so-cal, lacr is right near me but it sucks.. it might be my only choice now that i found out carlsbad closed two years ago!.. i felt like a dumb ass when i tried to find there track schedule on-line.

come out to fontana(california speedway) there is a street legals race every month or so. im usually out there but i have missed the last one and most likely the next one. i should have the truck running by march. there is a few of us that go out there usually .

come out to fontana(california speedway) there is a street legals race every month or so. im usually out there but i have missed the last one and most likely the next one. i should have the truck running by march. there is a few of us that go out there usually .

i'd love to chase, but there track hours just suck for me. from what i heard i'd have to be there by 6:am and that means i leave at 4-4:30 to get there, and then only get a few runs. i just posted another topic in the track section asking for alternatives if any?.

i may have no choice but to go to fontana, but i'm not that thrilled about that idea.

it just seems to me they could start the drags at a more resonable hour. i mean come on, it don't get dark untill 5:pm why not start at 10-11:am?. that would be a lot more easy for me.

i've raced and test drove the z and i was not too impressed i test drove the z and an 03 zo6 the same day i bought my ss. as for the race with one he lost in on the line because the streets were wet i love AWD. those cars take a pretty good driver to make good numbers the car seemed to only run hard on the high rpms explaining why you stayed with him on a weak shift. on the other hand when i dropped the zo6 into 2nd i spun sideways lol