Look for a good shift kit to compliment my 3000 stall (might be getting a 2800). Ive been looking at ebay for a shiftkit but all i can find is 700R4 tranny products. Does anyone have a link to a good shiftkit for our trucks??? Thanks in advance

Daniel

if you click on the tbryne. link on the left i know they have shift kits. i belive they use transgo, preety cheap i think there linke $120 or you can pm zippy. he has shift kits, i heard he wont sell them unless he installs them but i think thats old. he has many diffrent levels to pick from. also he knows all about trannys so if you have a problem ask him.

As memory serves the Transgo's are a tad cheaper (mine's a Transgo). Lots of guys install and really like the Superior kits, Zippy sells a worked-over Superior kit, also BManSS and sprayed99 are very knowledgeable on the Superior products if you are looking for a local seller... 3000 stall is a lot :thumbs: I would not go any higher in stall, after a certain point of stall speed you start loosing top-end and I've got no evidence but what I've been told on our AWD SS trucks is that 2800 is about the best for 1/4-mile, for 1/8-mile you would use more stall to get a harder N/A launch and quicker trap time but it will really sap you on the big end.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

if you click on the tbryne. link on the left i know they have shift kits. i belive they use transgo, preety cheap i think there linke $120 or you can pm zippy. he has shift kits, i heard he wont sell them unless he installs them but i think thats old. he has many diffrent levels to pick from. also he knows all about trannys so if you have a problem ask him.

this reminded me that when i was shopping for shift kits, my tranny guy wouldnt install anything BUT a transgo shift kit.