Question about stock bose system?

NashSS

It seems to me that there is a good amount of people on here that change out there headunits and stuff and was wondering if it causes any problems because I know on some cars and truck with a better stock system if you want to change one thing you have to change everything, headunit, speakers, and wiring even. my brothers 99 maxima was like that and my buddies 99 taurus is like that as well, granted there not a chevy but still the same idea. Anyone shed some light on this because I have a really nice panasonic headunit that I wouldnt mind putting in my Silverado if possible.

I put the Clarion 755vd screen in mine and I had to get this box that allows an after market system to work I tihonk it was like $100 or so and it works great except if your listening very low then you hear a little buzzing. Not a big deal when your listening at normal levels it sounds great. The boss speakers sound a lot better now because the amp on the screen is stronger than stock.

I put the Clarion 755vd screen in mine and I had to get this box that allows an after market system to work I tihonk it was like $100 or so and it works great except if your listening very low then you hear a little buzzing. Not a big deal when your listening at normal levels it sounds great. The boss speakers sound a lot better now because the amp on the screen is stronger than stock.

You can try to fix this buzzing problem by shifting the radio wires a little. Move it a little to the left or right and then remount it back. I have tried this and got rid of the buzzing noise. I think the wires pick up interference, just move them a bit and hopefully that'll get rid of your buzz......

It seems to me that there is a good amount of people on here that change out there headunits and stuff and was wondering if it causes any problems because I know on some cars and truck with a better stock system if you want to change one thing you have to change everything, headunit, speakers, and wiring even. my brothers 99 maxima was like that and my buddies 99 taurus is like that as well, granted there not a chevy but still the same idea. Anyone shed some light on this because I have a really nice panasonic headunit that I wouldnt mind putting in my Silverado if possible.

The MAx and taurus both have amps at the speakers. That is why you need to replace them. The only thing I have noticed with my head change, is that when the gas light comes on, it no longer chimes. The door chime is way loud, and my seat memory got weird.