Teddy Roosevelt quote

misterp

Interesting how Teddy Roosevelt could see this coming!

He was a great guy and a progressive thinker. He also started the national parks and a few other great things

One of my favorite quotes from him are

Some men are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them

Someone else commented on the TR quote in my sig, sorry to forget to include your quote here... I'm sure I'll find and add it here later...

I started this thread here to prevent hijacking everyone else's topics.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life.

-- Teddy Roosevelt

IMO Theodore Roosevelt is without a doubt the greatest man that served as US President; there's a handful of other great men that have served in this office as well, and I'm not going to give a huge history lesson or oration here but TR is head & shoulders above the rest.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

He's definitely at the top of my list of great Americans, period. We could use someone like him now.

fkn a right....... :thumbs::flag:

:seeya:

BTW- MR P more T.R. quotes..

http://www.theodoreroosevelt.org/life/quotes.htm

history of T.R. good read on a great man...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_roosevelt

:seeya:

Edited by desrtrat (see edit history)

yes he was progressive and if i have my facts straight he is the reason why our navy is as big as and in the condition that it is in.correct me if i'm wrong but when he was secretary of the navy he saw need for a larger navy and persaudedthe right people into building a bigger navy,good thing to because ww2 was just around the corner,i guess you could saw he foresaw the war.that was one bad s.o.b.

yes he was progressive and if i have my facts straight he is the reason why our navy is as big as and in the condition that it is in.correct me if i'm wrong but when he was secretary of the navy he saw need for a larger navy and persaudedthe right people into building a bigger navy,good thing to because ww2 was just around the corner,i guess you could saw he foresaw the war.that was one bad s.o.b.

why yes....yes he did. He was also the man who started the national parks system and to protect certain animals. He was a hunter but also a naturalists and he foresaw (unlike many people today) that to keep something you like there has to be a limitation to keep it around.

why yes....yes he did. He was also the man who started the national parks system and to protect certain animals. He was a hunter but also a naturalists and he foresaw (unlike many people today) that to keep something you like there has to be a limitation to keep it around.

does that mean we need to set limitations on illegal aliens.?