new impala ss 305 ran me

faceliftedss

I had an LS4 equipped GrandPrix GXP (05') it was quite fast for stock.. here's a slip mind you in 29* weather it spun at 1/4 throttle out to the 60' mark before I could even drop the hammer and STILL went this quick.. but in the street if you're over-anxious they can light the tires a good 150' at even 3/4 throttle (done it, on purpose, even w/o a locking diff it blew both 255's off the rims) so you can hook and be gone before they know it.. btw the Monte/Impala SS has a 3.23 gear the GrandPrix has a 2.93, so they should technically be quicker.

mine was car #102 right lane (left lane was an 05' Acura TL)

timeslip.jpg

this was the car, day I traded it in for the TBSS (I couldn't resist the LS2 :banghead: )

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

Edited by tonygxp (see edit history)

if your SS was stock, you would have gotten your ass kicked. Based on your current mods, that is probably how you kept up. :chevy:

I totally agree. My brother owns one and it is quick. He can outrun my stock Typhoon so I an guessing it is a solid high 13 car stock. From a 50mpg roll, a stock SSS will not have a chance. On a launch, you will get them for about 300 feet.