New Guy

rzumer

you will have to keep me informed on the price for the tune. i also have a 1996 Trans Am WS6 M6. i am available most any weekend, so whatever works best for you guys. I am very interested on seeing you trucks, and mods. would any of you happen to have stock SS tips for sale? I would like to re-do my exhaust and put these out each side. I havent been to the yard in over a year, could be a good time. I also have a roomate that has an 06 silverado, only has the 5.3 though. He is also very interested in Mods.

I'll be selling my entire exhaust this spring (looking for 150 bucks for the whole thing). It's the entire thing from manifolds to tip. You know the SS has single exit exhaust, right? The tip is kinda made for that one side of the truck... not sure if you could get another one and make it look right on the other side.

i'm in waterloo and may also be interested in getting in on the tune & TB work. please PM me when you get a price together. do you have a base tune that's been dynoed that you tweak form there, or is it all SOTP? i'd be looking to get something done this spring but would also like to know you can tune what i'm looking to get into the program (towing, part throttle shift firmness, etc.). i've talked with Bryan @ PCMforless a few times and have some special requirements.

thanks,

eric

The base tune will just cost you the price of the HPTuners credits. If you want me to scan the truck and do any tuning beyond that, PM me and we can talk deals. If you want the tune to be 100% safe for towing, I'd recommend towing something over here so that we can scan while towing to be certain.

The TB porting is $65 shipped unless you need me to use one of my cores. The core is 100 bucks extra and can be refunded once I get your stock TB back within 30 days.

Thanks guys, had some bad news over this week. My baby has been in the body shop all week. I was driving on the interstate and my tailgate fell down, and doing that it fell off the hinges also. I just picked her up tonight, they did a very good job. As all of you know though, they are never the same. So since she has been through so much latley, i think i will get some new exhaust for a treat. I have 3" true duals with I wanna say thrush mufflers, they are pretty quite for my taste. Can anyone help me, i want really deep, and pretty loud, but don't want the pop.

Thanks guys, had some bad news over this week. My baby has been in the body shop all week. I was driving on the interstate and my tailgate fell down, and doing that it fell off the hinges also. I just picked her up tonight, they did a very good job. As all of you know though, they are never the same. So since she has been through so much latley, i think i will get some new exhaust for a treat. I have 3" true duals with I wanna say thrush mufflers, they are pretty quite for my taste. Can anyone help me, i want really deep, and pretty loud, but don't want the pop.

I really like the sound of Kyle's exhaust. I think he's got 2.5" true duals with something similar to the Spin Tech chamber mufflers on there (I don't remember the brand name). I hope mine sounds kinda like his when I get my exhaust done later this spring (but I'm going from headers to true dual 3"). If I remember right his was done by a guy somewhere in the Grimes or Waukee area using the stock head pipes and manifolds...

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Hey, just wanted to say hello. I have been looking through some posts, and you guys are awesome. I have got so many ideas that i will be doing as soon as it gets a little warmer out. oh yeh, almost forgot. I have a 06 VMAX ext cab. Can't wait to start the mods.

Getting together at Buffalo Wild Wings Saturday at 1 for lunch if you wanna head out. let me know in a PM.

or at [email protected]

should be good times. bring your buddy with the TA

I've got the T/A also, my buddy has the same truck i do only with the 5.3 liter. I will see what he has planned and let you guys know. Maybe i can wash my truck by then so it won't look white anymore.

I've got the T/A also, my buddy has the same truck i do only with the 5.3 liter. I will see what he has planned and let you guys know. Maybe i can wash my truck by then so it won't look white anymore.

dont worry about washing it. mine is in shambles right now. no heater controls, no rearview mirror, no center caps on the wheels. I might as well drive the wifes ford.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Not been around much, work and home have been keeping me from the site...Anyways, welcome to the board Vmax. I live in Johnston, but work right off Ne 14th Street down the way from Ankeny. I think we passed each other a couple times on 14th street before, I have a 03 black SS, tinted windows and access cover...

If your still looking for a exhaust set, I have the factory setup from the muffler back, including tip. It's taking up room in my shed that I need...Pm me if your interested...

Let me know if you guys end up meeting again sometime....Jason

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Hope it's ok to reply to this post / intro thread. I just picked up a 2003 black SS last night. This site is great! It was a nice help over the past 24-48 hours as I was making final decisions, etc. on the purchase.

I am in DSM, too!

Ok, going to have to limit daytime posting as I have too much work. Man, it's hard enough to concentrate with that new truck just sitting there in the parking lot.

Glad to be a member of the site. Thanks!

Jared

Hey Guys

My first time on this site , it looks great. I have a 2003 silverado ss, haven't done alot of mods to it, just a superchips programmer and a ram air system which made a noticeable difference. Since its awd i'm looking to take the front shaft out of it for the summer, does anyone know if that causes any problems?