Question about ebay

tawss04

I found a tremec t56 tranny on ebay, the starting bid was $999.99. It was out of an 06 SSR that had 2miles on it :dunno: it looked brand new. It was listed on Jan 30,07 and the end date was Feb 06,07. I watched to see if any on was going to bid on it, no hits. So I put a bid on it this morniing, I checked at lunch and it said bidding ended :eek: , I checked and I did not win it :banghead: The seller and removed the listing and canceled the bid. I thought you could not remove an item during an auction :confused:

tremec tranny

I was going to put it in my Firebird instead of going the automatic route. I know its not out of an F-body (because of the torque arm mount)but I have the Spohn set up. It would bolt up to my engine and the drive shaft splines are the same. I'm going with a stick because auto built up automatic cost a little more than going the tremec route.

I found a tremec t56 tranny on ebay, the starting bid was $999.99. It was out of an 06 SSR that had 2miles on it :dunno: it looked brand new. It was listed on Jan 30,07 and the end date was Feb 06,07. I watched to see if any on was going to bid on it, no hits. So I put a bid on it this morniing, I checked at lunch and it said bidding ended :eek: , I checked and I did not win it :banghead: The seller and removed the listing and canceled the bid. I thought you could not remove an item during an auction :confused:

tremec tranny

I was going to put it in my Firebird instead of going the automatic route. I know its not out of an F-body (because of the torque arm mount)but I have the Spohn set up. It would bolt up to my engine and the drive shaft splines are the same. I'm going with a stick because auto built up automatic cost a little more than going the tremec route.

:wtf: that seems realy fishy... tehnicaly there allowed to do it if they have a valid reason.

i would contact the bidder and ask what was the specific reason for canceling the auction (it states there was an error in the listing) while at the same time contacting e-bay an asking them to investigate the auction. there is a cut off point as to when you can no longer end the auction.

at the very least you'll get an explanation as to why they ended it, and if some type of proof of wrong doing on there part comes up you may be able to hold them to the sale... but i would'nt hold my breath on the last scenario.

Edited by 2006_superado (see edit history)

Those guys are really reputable. I am sure they didnt end the auction without just cause. How do I know? Schram has been around for years and I grew up buying parts from them as did my grandfather. They have a nice parts yard of new cars in Waterford, MI. Call them and see what they have...and maybe even why the auction was cancelled. Here is their info...

Schram Auto & Truck Parts

Address: 2549 Dixie Hwy, Waterford, MI 48328

Phone: (248) 673-5409

They really are great guys. I called them for efans for my truck and they had 05 efans for $229 dollars with less than 10k on them...had sets of them...but I went the flexalite route anyways.

tremec tranny

:wtf: that seems realy fishy... tehnicaly there allowed to do it if they have a valid reason.

i would contact the bidder and ask what was the specific reason for canceling the auction (it states there was an error in the listing) while at the same time contacting e-bay an asking them to investigate the auction. there is a cut off point as to when you can no longer end the auction.

at the very least you'll get an explanation as to why they ended it, and if some type of proof of wrong doing on there part comes up you may be able to hold them to the sale... but i would'nt hold my breath on the last scenario.

They had a valid reason, the place they were using was having trouble with hosting the pitures. I did notice the pics were missing. I had emailed them and they explained what happend. I'll execpt that, I checked out there other listing and the same thing, they are fixing them right now.

Those guys are really reputable. I am sure they didnt end the auction without just cause. How do I know? Schram has been around for years and I grew up buying parts from them as did my grandfather. They have a nice parts yard of new cars in Waterford, MI. Call them and see what they have...and maybe even why the auction was cancelled. Here is their info...

Schram Auto & Truck Parts

Address: 2549 Dixie Hwy, Waterford, MI 48328

Phone: (248) 673-5409

They really are great guys. I called them for efans for my truck and they had 05 efans for $229 dollars with less than 10k on them...had sets of them...but I went the flexalite route anyways.

:withstupid:

Their Waterford location is near my house. If they have anything you'd like me to check out, please let me know.