07 Tundra

onyx_ss

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the specs of the New Tundra

5.7-liter DOHC EFI V8, 32-valve aluminum block with aluminum alloy head with Dual VVT-i

381 hp @ 5600 rpm

401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm

Bore and stroke: 3.70 x 4.02

Compression ratio: 10.2:1

Displacement: 5663 cc

Ignition system: DIS (Direct)

Emissions: ULEV II

Recommended fuel: 87 octane or higher

Seems like its no slouch, and it just might give a stock ss a run for its money...

What do yall think?

Onyx :cool:

SSS vs. a new Tundra from a dig would be pretty close, if not dead even. I think the Tundra may have the upper hand from a roll, that six speed would get the power to the ground a little better. But you never know, I guess you will have to see. :) I've driven one already, it was a pretty nice truck, lots of space, and felt like a real truck not a TOYota

on the way home from work i saw a blue one @ the toyota dealership, i'm a go check it out here in a bit

Let us know what it drives like :thumbs:

Onyx :cool:

i went to check out the new tundra after hours a lil while ago, yall this thing is fugly up close at least to me, it wasn't the top of the line version, blue in color sorta like the arrival blue, it had the 381 hp v-8...the interior looks like crap compared to the new silverado's, it's 5600lbs? looks wayy bigger than that not too impressed but hey i may go test drive it this wknd to see what all the fuss's about - JD