Best Bedliner?

AZSS

I just ordered my bedrug. The instructions say it has to be over 68 to install it so it installs properly. Living in the north this probably wont be for a good 4 months. Hopefully I can find someone with a heated garage to put it in for me.

Everyone keeps talking about spray in liners, have you ever seen what they do to your bed before they spray the stuff in? They pretty much sand and scrape all of the paint off. I had a buddy who had a spray in done and someone the mixture they sprayed in was wrong, the bed rusted under the spray in coating. 6 in one hand half dozen in the other I guess, just comes down to personal preferance and what you will actually be using the truck for.

I am wondering how much the bed rug weighs in comparison to what the spray goo would weigh?

I have a heated garage, however it is usually about 60. I am thinking of doing a bedrug as well seems like a good deal too.

Dave

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what I'm going to go with. When it comes to rust under the Bedrug like a drop in liner I don't think so, I have a '90 454 SS with a drop in liner and I removed it for the first time about 3 months ago. It was installed at the time of purchase in 1990. NO RUST at all!!!! I have looked a **XXJIGGAXX's** bedrug, and **BS'ER's** Line/x sprayin liner. Both at the Dallas Tune Rally, both looked top notch. The Line/X is ten fold better than the Rhino, just my .02!!!

My Bed Rug cost me around 300.00. I got it through one of the many online retailers. Also, you can find them on eBay all day long for around that price. Just remember, they attach to the bed with industrial strength velcro tape. The bed needs to be clean, and perfectly smooth before attempting to mount the tape. If it isn't done exactly like the instructions say there is a very real risk of loosing your bed rug while running down the highway.

They don't work with a preinstalled spray in type liner. You would at least need to grind the tape areas clean of any spray in material and repaint the area. :eek:

Hate to bring bad news, but that's the way it is!

• 1 month later...

I have used my bedrug in my last truck and my SS I carried wood chips, top soil and other crap back there even spilled oil out of an old engine. Just got out the presuure washer and cleaned it out. As for water underneath the bedrug I even throw my wet dog after hunting in there and have never noticed any water under the cover when I traded in my last silverado the bedrug had been in for three years and the bed looked like brand new, no scratches or anything. Just alittle dust under the corners were the tailgate is. I give a total :thumbs: to bedrug for an awesome product.

A few weeks ago I hauled several bags of concrete. One broke open and wasted all inside the bed.

Unloaded it in the rain, guess what that did to the spilled concrete?

I was able to powerwash the set spill off the Line-X, I don't think the Bedrug would have faired so well.

WW :sleep:

Just take out bed liner tap with hammer to break up dry concrete into small particles, vacuum, and pressure wash it just like you did your line-x. I had some in my bed to and this worked good cant even tell.

A few weeks ago I hauled several bags of concrete. One broke open and wasted all inside the bed.

Unloaded it in the rain, guess what that did to the spilled concrete?

I was able to powerwash the set spill off the Line-X, I don't think the Bedrug would have faired so well.

WW :sleep:

I beg to differ!

As CraigW said - The Bedrug is sweet! I have a sample of the bedrug right here that I am running some tests on. Soaking gasoline for 7 days, then moving over to battery acid for 7 days, then just for you I couldl put it in some concrete and see how it holds up.... :) I love this product and it is hte #1 selling Bedliner that we carry. :)

Bedrug for Chevy Short Box

I was just curious to know if anyone got a bedrug from wholesalemn like noted at http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=5133. I can order this from a local dealer for $30 more, but after taxes I would end up spending $50 more then at wholesalemn.com. Just curious before I spend my hard earned money. Thanks :seeya:

Archived