What is wrong?

Orion231

Anyone watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition last night? Made me feel really good inside about the armed forces... the comradery and respect that they demand of, and give to each other. Usually this show just makes me glad that I have a good life and that I really am lucky... helps me appreciate what I have due to the freedom provided by those that have died to preserve what needs to be held dear. When you see a battle hardened modern day warrior reduced to tears, it really drives the point home of what is important in life... friends, family, respect.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

"Goodness, armed with power, is corrupted; and pure love without power is destroyed” - Reinhold Niebuhr

I haven't watched it in a while, but I know what you're saying. Seeing what some of these families went through makes me thankful for what I have. Seeing/hearing a soldier's story Make me thankful for the men and women who have put their lives on the line for our freedom.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic