blown tranny

04blacksss

ok my friend just got the same truck i have, a 04 black sss and we were racing around. I steped on it and i could feel some difference in the gears changing. i came to a red light and when i took off it was not getting out of first gear.... when i get around 3500 rpms it slams into 3rd.. i dont have a warranty and dont know what rout to take.. any sugestions??? :banghead:

depends what your future plans are. if you plan to add some good power get a well built trans . if not go get it rebuilt at a reputable tranny shop. and throw in some vette servos and a shift kit. the rebuild may not be much depending on what went wrong. sounds like you may have burned up your 2-4 band. but imo at least put in a shift kit and servos since these transmisssions arent the strongest thing you can you. id have it tore down first to see what the damgage is.

same shit happened to my tranny. (Stocker). 3-4 clutch was burnt to shreads, and it wound up creating a valve body problem cause of the sediment that went through it. basically the whole tranny was destroyed. I wound up calling a guy in North Carolina names Dave (DTrans). He did an awesome job getting me set up with a fully built tranny and converter. Highly recomend him for great work, an awesome tranny, and excellent customer service.

Give him a call and tell him i sent you, he'll hook up anyone on the forum.

Name is Dave Huellette, phone number is 704-445-4491