my current project

Quik

Very nice! Color me green with envy!!!

How's the unemployment going? The free time's got to be nice for the project, but no funds coming in sucks bad. I was out of work for 3 months a couple of years ago and just barely got by... Layoffs and company cutbacks always seem to happen to me right after I spend a chunk of money too... :sick:

it sucks, the time is good to have but no funds suck. i spent the intial money on this combo back in dec now being out of work sucks...kinda wish i had the cash now instead of the parts. ohwell ill get by hopefully soon

Didn't you work for a wrecking yard or something like that? I know you had access to used parts at one time... Heck, I just sent a new member here to you for a TB converter 'cause I remembered you had some for sale a while back... Man, what's the world coming to when a famous "Pinks" winning driver loses his job? :banghead:

Sorry, bad joke...

Let us know what it is you do, or want to do. Maybe we can help. I've found several good leads in the past just by mentioning it on the boards I frequent. Networking with people does work!!!

i sometimes help Mater out with his yard...im an electrican by trade. recently i was an electrical instructor. i still hang out down with mater thats where the truck and parts come from. yea i got that PM from your buddy and sent him to Mater

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is todays progress.......

also forgot to mention solid motor mounts and using a urthene trans mount

for the one harness you see off to the left. its a tail that goes to the clutch switch. i traced out the wires so i can use the safety switch

408047.jpg

408048.jpg

408049.jpg

408050.jpg

408051.jpg

408052.jpg

408055.jpg

408056.jpg

408058.jpg

since im relocating battery to underneath the bed. i decided to clean up the bay some and move my ECU to where the battery was. I used a S10 ECU tray and modified it some to mount in the battery tray location. and also mounted a Dist. block so i can have more terminals for power connections. with ECU where its at sure makes it alot cleaner...

408059.jpg

408060.jpg

408061.jpg

408062.jpg

408063.jpg

What did you use for fuel line extensions?I like how they come off to the side of the block and fit the vette rail covers.... I also REALLY like the PCM relocation idea. Looks naked on that side of the engine bay now = sexy!

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

What did you use for fuel line extensions?I like how they come off to the side of the block and fit the vette rail covers.... I also REALLY like the PCM relocation idea. Looks naked on that side of the engine bay now = sexy!

the fuel lines are actually stock truck lines cut and flared to fit.

as for the PCM and being naked over there. one of the two air intake tubes will be routed down in that area....plan on running an air intake setup similar to the one they used on the elcamino on muscle car tv show. i want as much go as i do looks...since this might as well be my last attempt at building this truck so might as well go all out

Wouldn't know the part # for the vette fuel rails would you? Are Camaro/Firebird ones different?

vette has a vaccum regulator and for the 97/98 vette it has a returnline

for 03 and up truck you can use a regular fbody fuel rail since its returnless

sorry no part numbers but if you needed a fuel rail off a fbody pm Mater he has a few

Wouldn't know the part # for the vette fuel rails would you? Are Camaro/Firebird ones different?

vette has a vaccum regulator and for the 97/98 vette it has a returnline

for 03 and up truck you can use a regular fbody fuel rail since its returnless

sorry no part numbers but if you needed a fuel rail off a fbody pm Mater he has a few

Must be '04 or '05 when they changed. My '03 is return...

post-7241-1172245427_thumb.jpg

well got the 14bolt in. its an 06 14 bolt with 4k in miles with 488s and a TA girdle. somethings to think about with this rear. the Ebrake cables are to short and the yoke is different then of a 10 bolt and the lenght of rear's pinion is longer so DS will need to be shortned....im going to try and see what the ebrake cables off a 05 RCSB looks like

408079.jpg

408078.jpg

408077.jpg