• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres the latest work...my battery box and my flaming river kill switch

batbox2.jpg

batbox.jpg

killswitch2.jpg

killswitch.jpg

battery cable is 2/0 welding cable, box is made out of 1/8 steel which weighs in at a few lbs but its good weight that and battery are about 50lbs right were i need it

my boy made the box for me, my paint job wasnt the best but it will get coverd with dirt and rubber soon enough

heres some pics of my shifter and console setup. i need to remake my leather booty/cupholder ordeal

my shifter is a hurst with the stock rod then a hurst rod on top of that. if you wondering yes i could of went shorter but i like a relax'd reach an feel and i like the shifter bent like that also

shifter4.jpg

shifter3.jpg

shifter2.jpg

shifter.jpg

console2.jpg

console.jpg

dash.jpg

and you can see the small gap from the newer console that doesnt work so well with the 02 and older dashes

for some reason my camera made my dash seem off in color. i also had a floursecent light above it at the time...might of been that reason

thats pretty sweet man, wheb you going to run that thing?

when its finished lol, lack of funds makes this a slow process. tomorrow i might bleed clutch and rear brakes. thsi way i can move it. still waiting on my 05 fans to arrive

408083.jpg

408082.jpg

408081.jpg

some teaser pics of the motor. NO im not using a MAF. but i have it on there to use the IAC thats inside it for now till i get my tubing made. yes there arent no fans on the truck yet. but yes i did drive it for alittle today and temps never went past 170 with my electric water pump and no fans lol

also heres a pic for GMracer for my battery cable...i ran it from the bed to the red box. as you can see closely you can see the wire loom thats large. thatis my 2/0 welding cable....

408080.jpg

now heres one for most of you.... remember i am running a Fbody alt. they are only rated at 102 amps!!!! remember my water pump draws constantly, my battery is about 15 feet away from the post [15' of cable] i have all powre in the truck. i also have a 25% slp underdrive and my volt gauge was reading around 15.5-16 volts.....

so remember kiddies its not always your ALT size its the size of your cables. my alt wire is also slightly larger then stock. its the wire off a blazer. its about 8 gauge instead of typical 10guage

and my ground is 2/0. i have a 2/0 from battery to frame, from motor to frame and 2 of thos factory braided lines

but i did drive it today and with my A/F richer then donald trump and the base tune way off it still above 4k broke tires loose even at part throttle. this with open headers that are 3.5 collectors. also the proshifted trans is simply the eastiest trans i have ever shifted under rpms. down shifting is smoothe then my t5 in my stang. you just need to rev match it. also found out that the trans wont go in 1st unless truck is copletely stopped. which is fine since 4.88s and this motor doesnt make a huge deal starting in 2nd. i got on it some and even with it as rich as it is it still put me in the seat without going 100% throttle and without trying to break tires loose

also with solid motor mounts. i noticed the entire truck moving slightly. you can see a variance of around 1/4-1/2 of the whole truck moving side to side

also i put my head down next to the truck and all i felt was the compression just pushing on my head. i wasnt even under the truck just off to the side of my skirts.