Armadillo Run!

Orion231

Well, I was turned onto this game by a friend here. They sit around and create some very interesting things in between missions.

Basicly it is a real time physics engine in which your goal is to construct a custom contraption to get your armadillo *an orange ball* into the portal so he can return home. It sounds strange, but there is a free demo to try it out.

http://www.armadillorun.com/

I downloaded the demo and then purchased the game afterwards for $20.00 . You get to play around with rockets, metal sheets, cloth, rope, rubber sheets, elastic, and metal framing to create some very strange contraptions.

The game itself is set level by level, where you are constantly challenged to get the "dillo" into an area using the existing maze, or nothing at all. Some are very tricky. You also have a budget that limits your creative genious, but I always overbuild then experiment after I know a certain solution works to get the price down. If you finish certain levels with a decent budget left over, secret levels are unlocked and usually are very exotic and difficult.

My suggestion, download the demo and give it a shot! If you like mechanical engineering and physics it's alot of fun! And sometimes it's fun to see how much chaos you can create. Once I finished the demo I craved more and purchased the game, you can install it on multiple machines for free, and your registration never expires. So you will have access to user created levels and updates.

Give it a shot! Dillo needs to get home!