Good Wax

Warm weather will be coming around shortly and I want to put a good coat of some good wax on my truck, something that will make it look awesome and protect it well. I have used duponts showroom finish teflon wax and liked it but it didnt leave the surface feeling smooth but it made it look great, ive also tried only a couple times eagle ones nanowax and meguiers nxt gen wax and they seemed ok but I just bought my SSS in november so i didnt get a chance to put a good wax job on it and im taking a day and cleaning her up good. I dont have a buffer or anything like that so whatever i use will just be hand waxed on and off with a microfiber. I was thinking about 3M's perfect it showtime ultra high gloss wax cuz ive heard nothing but good things about 3M's wax but i wanted to see what you guys use. Thank.s

3M is always a good choice, just about every product they offer is top notch with the exception of their window tint. Don't ever take your truck to have it tinted at a shop that uses 3M! I tinted with it for about 5 years and got tired of doing warranty work on film failure.

Try Zaino, it was a favorite in the Impala world and I think a few here use it as well. Get your wallet out, but from what I hear it's worth it.

http://www.zainostore.com/

:D

I'm a Zaino convert :thumbs: I've never tried the 3M wax products, I've heard a couple years ago they were not all that great :dunno: but that's just what I've heard (I do use the 3M Perfect-It polishes/abrasives and love them). Other products to consider are Der Shiny Stuff and Klasse All-In-One, these are also acrylic sealers like Zaino.

Mr. P. :)

Two other good waxes are Zymol and Black Magic. Consumer Reports tested waxes a while back and these came out on top for shine and durability.

Mike

:withstupid:

I do my truck once a year. Hand wash ... and then clear-coat prep, clear-coat polish, and last Zymol. Meguier's clear-coat products, with Zymol are a great combination.

Even now, almost a year later and umpteen carwashes, the water still beads on my hood whenever it rains ...

I always clay bar before waxing, it's it worth the extra 10mins. For over the counter wax I'm currently using megs nxt (but have also been told it's not a wax, but a sealant) it looks pretty good. Also I have heard allot of good things about Poorboys Natty Paste Wax (internet only).

I always clay bar before waxing, it's it worth the extra 10mins. ...
It only takes you 10-mins to claybar your truck?!

No kidding, My brother did his 91 GST Eclipse and it took him over an hour but he took his time though but its a small car.

I always clay bar before waxing, it's it worth the extra 10mins. ...
It only takes you 10-mins to claybar your truck?!

No kidding, My brother did his 91 GST Eclipse and it took him over an hour but he took his time though but its a small car.

Seriously I can do my truck in half that time. It's not that bad.

I was thinking along the lines of taking a day dedicated to my truck. Plans were to clay bar it, then use some 3M Hand Glaze, and then top it off with 3M ultra gloss showtime wax. Is hand glaze for the second step good or what would you recommend. I just usually wash and wax and go but I want to do the truck right so it looks its best and is protected best. Thanks.