HpTuners Help on 03 SS 6.0 and 01 silverado 5.3

bryan_myers

Does anyone have any tune settings for a 2003 silverado ss 6.0L or a 2001 Silverado 5.3L for HPTUNERS. Or if anyone can help me out I would appriciate it. I wil be getting hptuners tuner when I get back to the states I am in th emilitary right now overseas so when I get back I am just wanting to plug and play. Does anyone own this item and how hard is it to adjust setting or anything like that or f you do have setting aved can you send it to me in a file and let me just preview how you have your setting??

No diude that not it if I could just get pointers on how to set certain things when I get this item. Like what confused certain people. I could care less about gettig tunes for free. I just want tobe able to set it up the first time around with only minimum problems. Everyone has there own setting. I don't even know yet if it comes with a good instruction manual or not. I was just wandering if it is an easy program to use. And the reason I asked for someones tune was so I could just refer to what they have done. I think I will wait till I get the programmer to ask for ?'s now as I think about it. Then i can ask ? on what I am lost on and all. But didnt mean tot sound like somone programming my stuff for free..

No diude that not it if I could just get pointers on how to set certain things when I get this item. Like what confused certain people. I could care less about gettig tunes for free. I just want tobe able to set it up the first time around with only minimum problems. Everyone has there own setting. I don't even know yet if it comes with a good instruction manual or not. I was just wandering if it is an easy program to use. And the reason I asked for someones tune was so I could just refer to what they have done. I think I will wait till I get the programmer to ask for ?'s now as I think about it. Then i can ask ? on what I am lost on and all. But didnt mean tot sound like somone programming my stuff for free..

for pointers check out hptuners forum they have answered about every question i can think off. its not like there are a few settings there are different tables for just about everything and everyones truck is different. so you tables will be determined by mods and how your truck reacts to them.its not like a handheld where you just change shift points and top mph. it has alot more. its a great learnign experience and takes alot of time to understand. im still learnign alot of new things.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

Thanks I guess I wil just have to learn the programmer when i get back. I plan o doing tranny mods soon. I am happy I got on here and read up on headers. I seen a pair of OBX Long tube headers and almost got them, But afte reading the forum on here I kinda let them go. Have to find a good pair. Other than that all I have left to do is the tranny mods any suggestions? Tourqe Converters, shift kits whatever with this new programmer?

for pointers check out hptuners forum they have answered about every question i can think off. its not like there are a few settings there are different tables for just about everything and everyones truck is different. so you tables will be determined by mods and how your truck reacts to them.its not like a handheld where you just change shift points and top mph. it has alot more. its a great learnign experience and takes alot of time to understand. im still learnign alot of new things.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way I learned how to tune is by learning to scan. Based on those scans you should know what to change in your tune. Everyone has their basic first steps to learn though, such as removing some/all of torque management, adding spark/fuel, rebuilding MAF tables for intake mods, turning fans on sooner for lower temp stats, etc. Once you get those basics out of the way, scanning is where it's at.

For those basic items, the hpt forums has stickies all over the place. Search for it, if you can't find it as for directions to a thread related to what you're trying to find.

• 1 month later...

you can go to the hptuners web site. (if you are regestered) and search their bin repository. people load the modified and stock tunes there. if you are running a later version you can use the compare function to see some of the chances being made.

hell I found a stock 4.3 s-10 in there, and used it to get my gas gauge calibration correct on my 5.3 s-10

it is helpful

:withstupid: There is a wealth of information over there on the very question you're asking. I'm thinking of buying it myself, and I figure it's alot of trail and error.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought hptuner and joined your forum to see how you guys are tuning your trucks. The tune repository has no basic modified tunes for sss's. I am trying to learn what to do to get a little more power out of it. Was hoping for a file on a basic tune. Nothing spectacular. Just some timing and fuel changes to overlay over mine and make some changes. I think I have the trans tuning pretty good. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. (sorry to high jack thread but can not start my own, yet.)