messin with google earth

wody

the member map made me want to get more detailed images so i downloaded google earth and while trying to find the hot springs i went to while on vacation i found this. not that big of a deal but what else could we find :dunno:

sr-71.jpg

and i thought i'd throw this in too.

playboymansion.jpg

Edited by wody (see edit history)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That photo of the Jet must be old or the Jet is on display. As far as I know the CIA retired the SR71 "BlackBird" when the Satelite Network was estblished. Hard to beleive thats still the fastest Jet in the world and it was developed w/o a single computer! Yeah get out your 1950's slide-ruler.

Barney

That photo of the Jet must be old or the Jet is on display. As far as I know the CIA retired the SR71 "BlackBird" when the Satelite Network was estblished. Hard to beleive thats still the fastest Jet in the world and it was developed w/o a single computer! Yeah get out your 1950's slide-ruler.

Barney

just for the record airforce pilots flew it and it wasnt very cost efficent to keep on with the amount of work that it took to keep it in the air

no i don't think that is possible. i thought about that already, if 1 million people wanted to zoom in at high resolution at different points all at the same time then it wouldn't work. 20 bucks does get you higher resolution printing and gps and 400 bucks get you like a business pack. that just what i read at the google earth site here is the site google earth some one let me know if im wrong.

Edited by wody (see edit history)

We use fly over ortho photos all the time at work ... higher resolution than what is on the free google. I was wondering how much better the pics are with the pay version. Might have to make work pay and check it out

no i don't think that is possible. i thought about that already, if 1 million people wanted to zoom in at high resolution at different points all at the same time then it wouldn't work. 20 bucks does get you higher resolution printing and gps and 400 bucks get you like a business pack. that just what i read at the google earth site.

How up to date is the maps? It's not worth it for maps 5 years old :banghead: For $400 bucks they better let me put a GPS tracker on my ho lol :jester: