messin with google earth

wody

no i don't think that is possible. i thought about that already, if 1 million people wanted to zoom in at high resolution at different points all at the same time then it wouldn't work. 20 bucks does get you higher resolution printing and gps and 400 bucks get you like a business pack. that just what i read at the google earth site.

How up to date is the maps? It's not worth it for maps 5 years old :banghead: For $400 bucks they better let me put a GPS tracker on my ho lol :jester:

dunno how old they are less than 5 years thats for sure cuz my house was built 4 years ago. there was an empty dirt lot behind my house (which is on the google earth deal now) and now there are more homes. vegas is growing fast.

Edited by wody (see edit history)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, they are old photos. I built my house in 03 and when I did a scan of my area,...you guessed it, nothing but fields and forest. I just checked it now 6 months later (4 years overall) and I can see a perc test on what is now my property.

Google earth is very cool though. A real time would kick ass.

That photo of the Jet must be old or the Jet is on display. As far as I know the CIA retired the SR71 "BlackBird" when the Satelite Network was estblished. Hard to beleive thats still the fastest Jet in the world and it was developed w/o a single computer! Yeah get out your 1950's slide-ruler.

Barney

just for the record airforce pilots flew it and it wasnt very cost efficent to keep on with the amount of work that it took to keep it in the air

I dont know that you would call them pilots? The flight crew had to wear NASA space suits since the jet went to the outer 3% of the atmosphere. But the CIA owned the blackbirds if you do some checking. I totally agree with the cost effectiveness they never found a substance to seal the fuel tanks that would not burn up as the titanium skin would heat up going in and out of the atmoshpere. They would leak fuel all over the runway and need a refueling 3 minutes after take off.

Damn I know too much useless info!

The maps 'up to dateness' has a lot to do with if someone has had a reason to map the area. I know my house is within 2-3 years, and my dad's cabin in the mountains is waaaaay old.... there is almost no resolution to it either.

I would image they update the maps in sections and you will have some maps that are up to the minute ... and others that are 5-8 years old....IMO

That photo of the Jet must be old or the Jet is on display. As far as I know the CIA retired the SR71 "BlackBird" when the Satelite Network was estblished. Hard to beleive thats still the fastest Jet in the world and it was developed w/o a single computer! Yeah get out your 1950's slide-ruler.

Barney

just for the record airforce pilots flew it and it wasnt very cost efficent to keep on with the amount of work that it took to keep it in the air

It's still one bas ass aircraft. :thumbs:

Yea, they are old photos. I built my house in 03 and when I did a scan of my area,...you guessed it, nothing but fields and forest. I just checked it now 6 months later (4 years overall) and I can see a perc test on what is now my property.

real time would be badass but i think that might make some people upset to know that they could be watched.

real time would be badass but i think that might make some people upset to know that they could be watched.

It's more the WHO's watching you... or your family. Think about it... If you go to work and your home is vacant, what's to stop someone from breaking in. Maybe city not so much worry, but what about folks livin' in the sticks? Worse yet: you leave for work, and your kids are home alone.

I don't think we'll see an up to the minute map for awhile. At least, I sure hope we don't.

:flag:

post-8750-1171534615_thumb.jpg

thats a good one dude. where is that one at?

It's more the WHO's watching you... or your family. Think about it... If you go to work and your home is vacant, what's to stop someone from breaking in. Maybe city not so much worry, but what about folks livin' in the sticks? Worse yet: you leave for work, and your kids are home alone.

I don't think we'll see an up to the minute map for awhile. At least, I sure hope we don't.

yup especially over the playboy mansion. they'd never let that happen.

Yeah I forgot how cool this was......The first pick was taking from Davis Monthan AFB in AZ. the coordinates are....

32º 10' N, 110º 53' W

They have alot of planes on the ground check it out!

The second one was I belive Norfolk naval in NewYork