Franchsie and business owners...Step inside

Black2003SS

My father and I are in the process of opening two automotive franchises in the next one year. We have capital and we have excellent credit etc. I am looking for some suggestions about which ones are good to look into and which ones may not be worth while. Please keep in mind we are going into the repair business, not high performance business. One of the biggest ones we are considering is AAMCO Transmissions. I have read good and bad about them. I realize they had some issues 10+ years ago and those appear to be behind them with alot of reorganization. We have also looked at Precision Tune and some tire stores...I am leaning towards the Rim/tire shops as those are hot all the time. However, transmissions are big ticket items and even though warranties are getting better, private shops are still less expensive and just as good as the dealerships.

Give me your constructive thoughts on this.

Thanks.

P.S. We are keeping in mind it isn't going to just be easy and the money will just fall from the heavens. We are approaching this as a serious investment. My father retired from a six figure plus income and I am walking away from a near six figure income to pursue this.

dont know about the automotive business but running your own business can be difficult. with the salary you are getting now you may want to stay where you are. its guaranteed income and starting a business it may be a few years before you make a decent pay check. there would be a lot of overhead as well as franchise fees. think it over!

• 2 weeks later...

well what do you do now?? making 6 figures then going for a couple years without making much of a profit can be very hard. what about like a quicky lube or something to that effect. all i know is that the labor rate is cheaper then hiring mechanics and its always bussy. we have one in my area that has a constant line to the door. seems good. i like the tranny idea. there will alwyas be a tranny in a vehicle and they will always need repair.