Truck Wont Start...Hmmm

BreakYaNeckSS

aright, so my ss sits all week in the cold, (in a garage) but i took it out tonight ran down the street to do an errand, shut it off came back not 5 mins later and NOTHING, shes got plenty of juice, all fuses have been cheked, starter turns when u jump it but no turning over...im lost anyone have any ideas what could be causing this..??? help me out pleeze..

BYN

Are you saying there is nothing when you hit the key? Did you try to move the shift lever around, or try it in neutral instead of park?

Did you leave the key in the on position when you jumped the solenoid?

Fusable link?

Neutral safety switch?

yea bro tried it, u can hear the fuel pump turn on when u turn the key, the juice is ther but nothing to the starter...

My guess: the starter could just be bad. I haven't heard of a failed starter on the new(er) GM trucks as of ye,t but it is certainly possible. If you can, remove the starter and take it to the local auto parts store and have it tested, or if you're comfortable doing it yourself you could test it using a set of jump cables. It should engage and start to spin if it is good. A bad starter will sometimes engage but not spin. Hope you get it figured out soon. :)

My guess: the starter could just be bad. I haven't heard of a failed starter on the new(er) GM trucks as of ye,t but it is certainly possible. If you can, remove the starter and take it to the local auto parts store and have it tested, or if you're comfortable doing it yourself you could test it using a set of jump cables. It should engage and start to spin if it is good. A bad starter will sometimes engage but not spin. Hope you get it figured out soon. :)

yea i already tred jumping the starter, it spins but nothing turns over...

sounds like the starter solenoid just isn't engaging the flexplate. either its stuck or completly failed.

yea thats what im thinking...im used to this type of deal with the equipment i run during the week, but where is the starter solenoid located on these trucks?