Tranny help needed

I ran the truck today for the first time in the 1/4, so I've never had to worry with a 2-3 shift at the track before today. The first run, I left it in D and let it shift by itself. Next I tried to leave it in second to hold out 3rd then shift manually. It wouldn't shift. Then I tried to leave it in 3, and it wouldn't shift. If it is in any other gear than D, it won't shift to 3rd until you let off the throttle. The 1-2 shift is on the money and firm. Is this a tuning issue? I am still on the stock tune for another few weeks until I get around to the cam install and tune. Mods are in sig. HELP!!!!

Just run it in drive... theres no advantage to manually shifting these trucks

i concur. the only time you will see a benefit from running it in 3rd is if your shifting into od before the traps. when you run a smaller tire or higher gear you can possibly manage to shift into od before the traps. when i ran with the 26' tires i tried running in D and running in 3rd. when i ran in 3rd i was about .2-.3 tenths faster in 3rd because i was more into the powerband but i was crossing the traps in 3rd@ 6000-6100 rpms @ 10-11 psi. so for me it helped me keep full boost

Well, the only problem I have with running it in drive, is it shifts too early. 1-2 shift is at about 5800 on it's own, 2-3 shift is about 4800. And it kinda fell off after the shift. That's why I tried to hold it out longer and manually shift it. I guess the tune will correct that, but it still should shift regardless of how you do it, right?