Daytona 500

BlackSS04

Here in Bakersfield, they have been trying to come up with a new motto for the town. Up til now it is "Bakersfield: Life as it should be..."

Well, Im here to tell ya I sent email in to the planning commission with a new one just a while ago:

"Bakersfield: We Drive Faster..."

Congrats to Kevin Harvick on two phenomenal wins this weekend.

And it was the Monday after the Daytona 500 in 05 that I went and got my SS :)

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

I got to see the last few laps and it was a crazy finish. I'd hoped MM would pull it out but he didn't. The last wreck was crazy. I can't believe that one guy crossed the line on his hood. Daytona always has the best wrecks. NASCAR was right not to put out the caution till KH and MM crossed the line.

[. NASCAR was right not to put out the caution till KH and MM crossed the line.

i disagree. had it been any other lap the yellow would have came out at the first hint of tire smoke. if jr or j gordan, or jimmie johnson been in the lead they would have waved the rag even sooner. they need a standard procedure and stick by it.

and for the cheaters, the whole team needs to be sent home for a month and that would put a stop to it. the sponsors would be up thier asses so quick.

just my .02

Would've liked to see the number 8 car win, when he DNF I was hoping Mark Martin could have taken the win..

Go Chevy!

i like to see a bud colored stripe on the turn 1 wall, covered by a dupont stripe and scraped clean with a lowes 4 wheel paint scraper.

go tony

Would've liked to see the number 8 car win, when he DNF I was hoping Mark Martin could have taken the win..

Go Chevy!

i like to see a bud colored stripe on the turn 1 wall, covered by a dupont stripe and scraped clean with a lowes 4 wheel paint scraper.

go tony

How can you like Tony and not like Jr.?

i disagree. had it been any other lap the yellow would have came out at the first hint of tire smoke.............and for the cheaters, the whole team needs to be sent home for a month and that would put a stop to it. the sponsors would be up thier asses so quick.

just my .02

I disagree with you on the caution. The wreck was BEHIND them, not in front of them. If there were more laps to go, then fine, even though I would like to have seen Mark Martin win (since JR is DNF) -- 23 years and no win at Daytona? It seems as though he gets close, but just can't quite pull it out.

I do agree with the cheating remark 100%.

The yellow should have been thrown . the wreck may have been behind the leaders.but it was in front of a lot of cars still racing for position and under full power to hold there position. driving straight into the wreck. it was verry unsafe for the ones behind still racing. as for Dale j.r. im looking for it not to be verry long before he is driving for R.C.R. if things stay like they are at D.E.I. J.M.O.

Go Chevy!

go tony

How can you like Tony and not like Jr.?

jr is a whiner......... it says dei on the door not dei jr.

dale sr obviously knew what he was doing leaving the bussiness to teresa, not to jr.

why shouldnt his widow own the company. if jr is so damn hot let him build his jr motors to the height of dei now.

tony came from sprints and i used to race sprints. raced the chilli bowl with him one yr.

since mark martin is not full time anymore i root for tony stewart and jeff burton.

i am a FAG (fan against gordon). and i dont like jimmy the cheater johnson

and i dont like the busch brothers either.