need help finding remote wire for amp

edved37

find a 12v circuit that only turns on then the key is on, tap into that. if you want, you can even stick the wire in with the fuse. i just got my ss, but if the cigarrette lighter only works with the key on, you can tap onto that power wire easy.

i don't know if i explained that very well, if not i can try to clear it up

• 2 months later...
just noted youre from rochelle, i come out there for work every now and again.....youve got some good roads out there by the global III railyard

:driving:

i literally just got done putting in the pac24 adaptor, and trying to find a remote out wire is sort of tricky with this class II data shit. if youre testing with a meter, the radio will have to be plugged in to get a real reading fyi.

also, unless youre going to use speaker level inputs (no rca cables) there is no other way that i know of to hook subs to the stock bose.

im a little unhappy with the sub output, but even with the kenwood i had in for a few days, i didnt like it, i think my subs and amp are different ohms, im going to have to check it out in a few minutes.

All the radio chit is triggered off 6V as far as I can tell. The amp I'm using won't trigger off 6V, so I took a regular old Bosch relay and used it to trigger my amp (12V constant thru relay, 6V off the radio to trigger the relay).

I originally just used 12V ACC, but was irritated when the subs cut off when I killed the truck and the radio was still playing.

another way to run a remote wire would be to find any 12v source and run it from there off of a switch. you can pick up a small toggle switch at any auto parts store for a couple of dollars. all you will need is a 12v source, the switch, and the remote wire to the amp. if you get a lighted switch, you will also need a ground. you can mount the switch under the dash or somewhere hidden.

Nick