Got my goal

Krambo

Well went to Atco for the opener yesterday to do some test and tune. Ric (dounome), Timmay (ImpalaSSpeed96) form the Trailblazer SS forum were in attendance and running as well. The temps were right, averaging around 40* for the day but we had a nasty headwind that was about 20MPH. For some reason, the track prep wasn't that good either. I guess since it was the first runs of the season (there wasn't a sticky layer at the hole). I had trouble hooking my AWD beast.

Anyway, I set-up the truck as I normally do for the strip (using my 255/50/16 Dunlop all seasons) with the only weight reduction being no tailgate and spare. I still had my GL Speedstur bed cover ON (100#s+), at least 50#s of crap in the back seat (laptop and accessories, pair of boots, clothes, bottle of water etc.), 1/3 tank of gas and I am not built like Pauley Shore either :lol: . I left the jack and all in there as well. I flash my tune I was working on this winter and have a go. Atco kind of sucks in that I can't drive around the water hole as I usually do so I had to shake off the water with a nice quick AWD burnout. I stage and go. I was slipping and sliding off the line but managed a 12.040 @ 111.93. I knew after that one, all I needed to do was hook. I let her cool down for a bit and did it again with my 2nd tune (a little later TCC lock-up and a tick of timing in a few cells). Again, through the water, burnout and run a 12.020 @ 111.69.

So a good cool down, no change to the tune and I go again. This time, the hole is dry and I do not have to shake the water off. I stage and launch. I still spin but the truck doesn't buck as bad,...it feels good. Grab my ticket and:

11.951 @ 112.35

60ft -- 1.646

330 -- 4.839

1/8 -- 7.566

1/8 MPH -- 89.36

1000 -- 9.940

1/4 -- 11.951

1/4 MPH -- 112.35

Very happy with that. I know the truck has more in it as well. I got a bit of KR to deal with (false I believe) If we have a good day with no head wind, I take off my bed cover, jack and crap, I feel 11.75s @ 114s isn't out of the question.

My timeslip:

Atco_11.951.jpg

Next time, I need to bring a video camera. I did do one more run after that with some 103 Octane but only did a 12.083 @ 111.89, with my worst 60ft time of the day at 1.72 (spun off the line bad). I did the high octane fuel to see if my KR would go away but it didn't. I have every reason to believe it is false.

So, what is the fastest Radix powered ECSB AWD stock displacement truck? :dunno:

I am very impressed with Dounome's truck. A N/A 408 running mid 12's all day long. And the best part of that is he doesn't have to worry about dropping the bottom end :smash: You can do alot of weight reduction as well (tailgate, bed cover etc.). Honestly, I am real tempted to sell my motor with the radix and do a nice stout 408. My apology for leaving before a handshake Ric. I got a call and needed to bolt. Next time we need to make it a planned event with our own section and everything, hit dinner afterwards. Also next time the TBSS needs to come! I will bring the Typhoon for kicks as well.

Timmay's TBSS is running great. Any AWD TBSS that can run a 13.49 with a tune and a CAI is bad ass IMO. it was great meeting you and I look forward to other gatherings with the TBSS crowd! Maybe if I get my wife hanging around the TBSS guys, she will actually think about trading in the Venture.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice run man, sounds like the radix is doing well. you almost caught me . what was the altitude at that track? i wish we could get some temps like that out here.

Atco is likely one of the best tracks on the east coast for times (next to Englishtown). Forget altitude (which is about sea level) and look into DA. Yesterday's DA was -140. I have been running in DA of 500 to 1800 at a crappy track fo a long time. I chose to drive the 2 hrs for the opportunity to race at a good track.

If I knew I was going to be getting times like this, I would have set-up the truck differently and gone for broke. There are times when Englishtown and Atco experience -2500 DA. Its too bad yesterday wasn't one of those days but I will take a sea level track anyday. My typical track is 550ft over sea level.

nice run man, sounds like the radix is doing well. you almost caught me . what was the altitude at that track? i wish we could get some temps like that out here.

Kevin has no bottle assist. Chase when is that motor going to be done? I think now that my 408 is doing well I can go ahead and add that 200hp shot on a nice progressive set up. What ever it take to see some high 10's.

nice job!! so your on stock heads and stock internals?

:withstupid: Congrats man - I don't think there's any other Radix powered truck in the 11's, let alone potentially in the 11.7s, that's a hell of an achievement.

Mr. P.

i damn well should be :jester: , im just too lazy to wait in moroso's long lines for their crappy track :flag: . maybe if i had some slicks..... what fits over the alumisports?

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

18's SHOULD fit, however if not you might have to grind it down a bit....Chase I think had to grind down a bit.

Worth to see it! ;) Just a idea, but I remember reading how you can rent Moroso for not a insane number, maybe with a good amount of people we can do a weekend thing or something (just off the top of my head) of course if you want i can sit shotgun and count

1 Mississippi

2 Mississippi

3 Mississippi

. . .

:D

nice job!! so your on stock heads and stock internals?
:withstupid: Congrats man - I don't think there's any other Radix powered truck in the 11's, let alone potentially in the 11.7s, that's a hell of an achievement.

Mr. P.

i damn well should be :jester: , im just too lazy to wait in moroso's long lines for their crappy track :flag: . maybe if i had some slicks..... what fits over the alumisports?

I used some stock 18" escalade wheels to fit over my Baer brakes. I did not use slicks just some 4x4 street tires.