dead...went down easy

pony

Well guys i'm sorry to report the death of one of your own. :cry: He was a very nice guy and we talked after. Here's how it went down.

I was coming back from town when a black SS pulled up next to me at a light. I looked over and he was looking my way. I pointed ahead and he nodded. The light went green and he came out hard. Gotta a half truck on me from the dig. My traction finally arrived and second gear broke it again. When second hooked he was up by a truck. Then the race went fast. I pulled him in and got 2 trucks on him before 3rd gear squeaked and he was toast. I pulled into a gas station and he followed. He was a very nice guy. He was very surprised by my "Ford" and said it was obvious he had more work to do. We talked a bit and i bought him a Coke. He had headers and exhaust, SCT tuned and "other stuff" is all he said but didn't name it all. The awd was good off the line but it was no race after that. Thumbs up to him for taking it like a man and not acting all goofy. I'm sure we will race again when he is ready.

A kills a kill. Its not always you get completly even races, and on the street anything can happen. Pony couldve gotten in a puddle of water and sit at the light for a good long while while the SS walked. Anyways congrats on it pony.

A kills a kill. Its not always you get completly even races, and on the street anything can happen. Pony couldve gotten in a puddle of water and sit at the light for a good long while while the SS walked. Anyways congrats on it pony.

just what i was thinking, the ss took his chances and lost....you win some you lose some. Good job

Brad

just what i was thinking, the ss took his chances and lost....you win some you lose some. Good job

Brad

Thanks guys. Yeah i got a blower but aren't you guys 6.0? I'm only 5.4. I have had my butt handed to me a few times and it will happen a few more. That's the fun of racing. If you only race people you know you can beat it's not a race. I'm sure when he does a bit more work and comes back it will be more of a race. Hell, I might get my butt handed to me on a platter, but i will still have fun and still congratulate him like a man. I believe in good sportsmanship win or lose. I was very impressed with the group here. There were 70+ views on not 1 flame...my hat is off to you all ...well done.

Hey its what we are ;) We are good people, stick around and be a regular like crazy mopar guy etc get more active in the site and you'll become one of our adopted (although red headed) step-child :)

Like I said good race and good thing you made a friend. You see the SS around again and tell him to come over to the site.

Well my first question is why come to a ss site to post your win? Go post it on a furd sight. I don't go to furd sites saying I beat a turd lol :crackup: Don't expect a "good kill" from me :troll:

I got to agree with SSThunder on this one. With a title of "dead...went down easy" it doesn't really show respect on a SS forum, and I also own a furd.................... :wtf:

Yup, good kill, But nxt time show a lil bit more respect on the title, its kinda like saying "Yeah cowboys suck yall got beat down by the seahawks!!!" On there homefield.....hahaha imagine the riot lol

But yeah Great Kill

Onyx :thumbs:

Yup, good kill, But nxt time show a lil bit more respect on the title, its kinda like saying "Yeah cowboys suck yall got beat down by the seahawks!!!" On there homefield.....hahaha imagine the riot lol

But yeah Great Kill

Onyx :thumbs:

Well they did get beat. As for the reply "Dead...down easy", its all good. Thats what makes street racing fun, it gives the SS fella something to work on. Thats how we do it, you get beat...you add more mods. Its all in fun!

Well guys i'm sorry to report the death of one of your own. :cry: He was a very nice guy and we talked after. Here's how it went down.

I was coming back from town when a black SS pulled up next to me at a light. I looked over and he was looking my way. I pointed ahead and he nodded. The light went green and he came out hard. Gotta a half truck on me from the dig. My traction finally arrived and second gear broke it again. When second hooked he was up by a truck. Then the race went fast. I pulled him in and got 2 trucks on him before 3rd gear squeaked and he was toast. I pulled into a gas station and he followed. He was a very nice guy. He was very surprised by my "Ford" and said it was obvious he had more work to do. We talked a bit and i bought him a Coke. He had headers and exhaust, SCT tuned and "other stuff" is all he said but didn't name it all. The awd was good off the line but it was no race after that. Thumbs up to him for taking it like a man and not acting all goofy. I'm sure we will race again when he is ready.

Just curious what kind of track times do you run in the 1/4 (60', et, 1/8, mph)?