dead...went down easy

pony

Well guys i'm sorry to report the death of one of your own. :cry: He was a very nice guy and we talked after. Here's how it went down.

I was coming back from town when a black SS pulled up next to me at a light. I looked over and he was looking my way. I pointed ahead and he nodded. The light went green and he came out hard. Gotta a half truck on me from the dig. My traction finally arrived and second gear broke it again. When second hooked he was up by a truck. Then the race went fast. I pulled him in and got 2 trucks on him before 3rd gear squeaked and he was toast. I pulled into a gas station and he followed. He was a very nice guy. He was very surprised by my "Ford" and said it was obvious he had more work to do. We talked a bit and i bought him a Coke. He had headers and exhaust, SCT tuned and "other stuff" is all he said but didn't name it all. The awd was good off the line but it was no race after that. Thumbs up to him for taking it like a man and not acting all goofy. I'm sure we will race again when he is ready.

Just curious what kind of track times do you run in the 1/4 (60', et, 1/8, mph)?

My best time on street tires in the 1/8th is 8.5 with 1.94 60' here's a link...i'm on the left. http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/sho...8560&pos=10