Exhaust modification

I currently have 3" piping all the way through my exhaust system. Would I get more power in my truck if I reduced the backpressure a little by going with a smaller diameter pipe? I'm not sure if I lost power by going to 3" piping.

well from what you saying . reducing the size of the pipe will increase back pressue. which may help you if your engine is not breathing heavily

Single 3" or dual 3"? Single would probably be ok, since it would be one pipe hadling both sides of the engine. Some do this as a weight savings. One pipe and muffler is lighter than two. If it's a dual, then it maybe a little much. You've really got to be pushing some air to need than much exhaust.

Single 3" or dual 3"? Single would probably be ok, since it would be one pipe hadling both sides of the engine. Some do this as a weight savings. One pipe and muffler is lighter than two. If it's a dual, then it maybe a little much. You've really got to be pushing some air to need than much exhaust.

I agree, a true dual 3" set-up will hurt your performance in this case.