2/2 Drop Questions

EmergencyVP1

I've searched the forum and spoke to a few people about dropping my truck 2". I've decided to go with a Belltech setup with spindles up front, but am confused about the back. Do I need just the shackles or both shackles and hangers?? Do I need a shim kit ?? And can I use stock shocks for now until I can get Nitro's? This is for a '03 SSS...Thanks, Jason

Edited by EmergencyVP1 (see edit history)

I like my Belltech #5952 rear lowering leafs, and others have used them also with good results. No vibration and no shims required, easiy adjustable ride height +/- 3/4", rides a little firmer than stock but not bad, and no cutting of shackle/hanger rivets to install so they are easily reversable.

I've searched the forum and spoke to a few people about dropping my truck 2". I've decided to go with a Belltech setup with spindles up front, but am confused about the back. Do I need just the shackles or both shackles and hangers?? Do I need a shim kit ?? And can I use stock shocks for now until I can get Nitro's? This is for a '03 SSS...Thanks, Jason

you want shackles out back. not hangers and shackles. you may be able to get away without using shims with that drop. i was but most seemed like they had to use shiims to correct vibration issues. you can wait on shocks too but the ride will improve with shorter shocks as well.

You should be good to go with Spindals and Shackles, I didnt need a shim kit either, it turned out fine with great results

Let us know when you get done and pics would sure be great :cheers:

Onyx

Sounds good everyone, thanks for the info....Hopefully will get the parts next week and install within a couple weeks, if I can ever get a weekend away from work.... :shakehead:

You should be good to go with Spindals and Shackles, I didnt need a shim kit either, it turned out fine with great results

Let us know when you get done and pics would sure be great :cheers:

Onyx