Colleges

gixxerrider

Well I just finished Macroecomics with Embry Riddle. Next semester I am taking Statistics with Aviation Applications and Speech. Has anyone taken Statistics? I have not taken College Algebra and I may have to take it also. Any help would be great

Stat isnt too hard. College algebra is actually one of the biggest failure rate classes. Like all classes, just read your ass off and make time for it. Macro was easy for me, I am currently taking a meteorological course and the calculus is kicking my ass....

Most universities offer free tutoring, so just pass by one of the labs whenever you have issues and build some re pore with your professor, dont be a brown noser but let him know you are in class. That could help you when you need that one-two point boost in a letter grade. What degree are you trying to get?

Embry Riddle on base does not offer tutors that i no of

Opps sorry was generalizing. There are a few websites that are supplements to the books that offer tutoring even on the phone help. Its like 20-50 bucks. For some classes its just that a online course. Ill see if I can get more info later.

I took stats a while back... it wasn't that bad. I think a lot of it depends on who's teaching it though. I'm half way done with my last semester so I'm pretty excited about that. It's an amazing feeling knowing I'll be graduating in less than 8 weeks!!!!! Good luck with stats

Don't sweat College Algebra it was easy I found Trig to be the hardest of all because I did not have the right calculator for the course. I have taken Calc 1-3 all easy, differential equations easy and I am taking partial diff. eq. this summer to complete my Math minor. Damn I just realized I am white and nerdy. :banghead:

Don't sweat College Algebra it was easy I found Trig to be the hardest of all because I did not have the right calculator for the course. I have taken Calc 1-3 all easy, differential equations easy and I am taking partial diff. eq. this summer to complete my Math minor. Damn I just realized I am white and nerdy. :banghead:

:lol: While I was reading the post I was thinking "psssshhh.....math major....." ;) Hey man I have much respect for you, you have dedication

I am recently taking Macro, it is killing me but it is my own fault, I am not following through with the reading. I have taken Applied Calculus and wasn't that hard. I have to take statistics in the near future. Gixxerider, you are aproaching college just as I am. I am only taking 3 to 4 classes per semester. No need to overload myself. I honestly think students rush through college too quickly, I would rather take less credits and actually enjoy college and learning. Also each semester I take a "fun" class not necessarily pertaining to my major, just something to have a little fun with and also learn something different. This semester I took a Aquarium Keeping class which worked out perfect as I am in the process of setting of my 55 gallon SW tank. Next semester I am going to take a photography class which will be cool.

One of the best questions I was ever asked was,

"Are you hear for a education or a degree?"

Everyone was pretty silent...

Great to say I may overwork myself but I enjoy my classes (which is why they are so random) I am currently a liberal arts major and procrastinating though, so more on this later ;)

I took Statistics online at my school. It was very easy most of the time. Let me know if you need help and I'll do my best to help you out! I just graduated (finally!!!) in January and I'm now working on my teaching credential and Education Masters.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)