Linksys Game Adapter

foxySS

Hi all, I have an opened but otherwise brand new Linksys WGA54G game adapter for sale. I already use one of the exact same game adapters with my PS3 for online. I bought this one a month ago in order to hook up my Slingbox, but for some strange reason my router doesn't want to recognize two of the same adapters. :banghead: I would just return it to CompUSA but their return policy is only 21 days. :shakehead:

This will also work to hook up other computers in the house.

$55 Plus shipping

Here's the info on it:

The Wireless-G Game Adapter gives any wired Ethernet-equipped game console wireless connection capabilities. The Game Adapter can be used in two different ways.

If you have an existing home wireless network and a cable or DSL Internet connection, the Game Adapter lets your PlayStation®2, Xbox™ or GameCube™ attach to the network so you can get into online games without running wires to the game room.

Or, use a pair of Game Adapters to form a "cable-less cable" between two game consoles for head-to-head gaming -- in the same room, or all the way across the house.

It's completely driver-free, so it works on any platform. Since there's no drivers to load, setup is a snap. In some cases, it works right out of the box! If your setup's a little different -- just configure the network settings through your PC's web browser, plug it into your game box, and go.

The Wireless-G Game Adapter provides lag-free gaming with communication speeds up to 54Mbps when connected to other Wireless-G devices. It can also connect to Wireless-B (802.11b) devices and networks at 11Mbps.

Spend your time gaming, not stringing wires, with the Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter.

* Lag-free head-to-head or Internet gaming at up to 54Mbps, without stringing wires

* Converts wired-Ethernet-ready game consoles to Wireless-G (draft 802.11g) network connectivity

* Works without drivers on PlayStation®2, Xbox™, and GameCube™

* Also connects to Wireless-B (802.11b) networks at 11Mbps

post-7238-1172729176_thumb.jpg

post-7238-1172729188_thumb.jpg

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

Unfortunately, I tried assigning several different static IP's and still no go. I had to open specific ports on each adapter but for some reason it would only open up on one adapter. ie: It recognized it as Linksys WGA54G for open ports "****" and "****" on the PS3 adapter but it would only allow it for that adpater- not the other.

It would not allow me to change the name of the second adapter to recognize it as a different device with different ports. Bizarre, but also hard to explain.

Just another crappy Qwest router. I hate this router, it's a PITA to get stuff to work with it but they only give you a couple options for routers/modems to use with their service and I chose to buy it instead of lease it. :banghead:

The adapter itself should work perfectly though for someone else.

Unfortunately, I tried assigning several different static IP's and still no go. I had to open specific ports on each adapter but for some reason it would only open up on one adapter. ie: It recognized it as Linksys WGA54G for open ports "****" and "****" on the PS3 adapter but it would only allow it for that adpater- not the other.

It would not allow me to change the name of the second adapter to recognize it as a different device with different ports. Bizarre, but also hard to explain.

Just another crappy Qwest router. I hate this router, it's a PITA to get stuff to work with it but they only give you a couple options for routers/modems to use with their service and I chose to buy it instead of lease it. :banghead:

The adapter itself should work perfectly though for someone else.

I know what your problem is ... when channeling traffic through specific port(s) ... you can only assign them to one network device ... otherwise when the 2nd device became active, you'd have a data collision, or the port would be open, and unusable by the 2nd device.

If you try changing the ports that the 2nd device uses ... I bet you'll be able to get them both to work with the QWEST router.

If the PS3 adapter uses xxx1 and xxx2 ports, for example, mod. the 2nd adapter to use xxx3 and xxx4 instead of also using xxx1 and xxx2. :thumbs:

That's exactly what I did. The PS3 uses ports of TCP 10070-10080, UDP 10070, and UDP 6000-6999. While the Slingbox ports I opened for the other adapter were TCP 5001, and UDP 5001. The thing is, the router would only recognize it as one adapter- even though I tried assigning the open ports to different IP's.

STILL FOR SALE!