Powerstroke underestimates Duramax

GMVisitor

My Silverado's a little different from most of your's (diesel) so hope you don't mind me posting here. Anyway, I was driving on a two lane road(70MPH speed limit) going approx. 70 when a white powerstroke 4-door king ranch passed me then slowed to about 65, not sure why he had to pass only to slow in front of me no big deal though i'm not in a hurry. The road opens up to four lanes about two miles in front of us, once we got to that point he moves to the left lane and slows till I catch up. I look over and there's a young guy driving speeding up and slowing down provoking me, i'm in my forties and my truck is a "sleeper" with no indication of mods other then a larger exhaust which is the MBRP "installer series" so it looks identical to the original. Guess he planned on showing me how fast his truck was. Anyway I figured I would speed up a little and see what he does, I got up to 70 then he punched it and started to pull ahead that's when I floored it and shot by him pretty quickly, before I knew it I was going 110MPH (speedo limiter reset to 120). I slowed down to 65 waiting for him in case he wanted to run again but he stayed back and eventually pulled back into my lane. From the way I left him he probably wasn't modded but hey he started it. Maybe he'll think twice about picking on an old guy in his Silverado :thumbs:

Nice kill, I race a powerstroke also and I beat it. It was crazy because it looked like it was keeping up so I just floored it and he couldn't keep up after that. I would like to race a Duramax to see how they run.

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Nice kill, I race a powerstroke also and I beat it. It was crazy because it looked like it was keeping up so I just floored it and he couldn't keep up after that. I would like to race a Duramax to see how they run.

Are you modded? Stock vs. Stock you might do well but diesels can be modded fairly easy for large amounts of HP and torque.

Are you modded? Stock vs. Stock you might do well but diesels can be modded fairly easy for large amounts of HP and torque.

I was stock except for exhaust, I think the diesel had an exhaust too. At the takeoff it pretty close so I floored it and that was it. I don't think the disel was highly modified.